• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

MW7

I'll buy the 3D All Stars probably. It will be nice to play all those game anywhere. I do wish Super Mario Galaxy 2 was included.

I am fine with Nintendo basically leaving Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy untouched except for the resolution and display differences as they have aged rather well but not updating the look of Super Mario 64 is bizarre to me. The character models have not aged well. It is jarring. Also, Galaxy 1 but no Galaxy 2 seems like a strange omission.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Revenge definitely looks amazing. I love 3D World and extra content makes it even better.

The Super Mario Bros. 35 game is interesting but the fact it will vanish after March 31st is not good. I never liked these limited time games.

Happy to see Splatoon 2 getting a brand new Splatfest in January to tie in with Mario's 35th anniversary.

Overall, it was a good presentation but nothing mind-blowing.

Don't care about much else that was shown but I hate that the 3D All Stars is a limited thing like the Kirby anniversary before it that never even came to Europe. I hope we don't get scalped to hell.
All Stars 2 is coming worldwide physically. The UK direct mentioned the same limited time physical version too.
I'm sure you'll have to pre-order it to get it physically and it will be scalped too. You know how these things are. The words "limited" are magnet that draw all the scalpers in.

All Stars 2 is coming worldwide physically. The UK direct mentioned the same limited time physical version too.
I'm sure you'll have to pre-order it to get it physically and it will be scalped too. You know how these things are. The words "limited" are magnet that draw all the scalpers in.

I know its coming worldwide. My point with Kirby was that it was limited too, the non-European release was just insultnto injury that I wanted to add since I love Kirby.

I've tried too many times with MH as a series. Neither of these will convince me to try again.

Ori was the only other thing that is interesting, but I didn't like the first one much.

That Sega Balan Wonderland game looks jank as hell.

There wasn't anything here for me but it wasn't a bad Direct.

I've taken the liberty of translating the names of the characters shown in the Japanese trailer for RF5, but... I don't know Japanese, this is just character map + Google translate + my own judgement.

Ares (playable character)
unknown.png

Alice (playable character)
unknown.png

Reveria
unknown.png

Scarlet
unknown.png

Reinhardt
unknown.png

Priscilla
unknown.png

Other than that, I hope what we saw is an indicator we'll actually get cutscenes for story events instead of just boring waifu introductions.

All the announcements from the Nintendo partner showcase

Monster Hunter Rise
Monster Hunter Stories 2 - Wings of Ruin
Fitness Boxing 2 - Rhythm and Exercise
Disgara 6 - Defiance of Destiny
Empire of Sin
Sniper Elite 4
The Long Dark
PGA Tour 2K21
Hades
Balan Wonderworld
Rune Factory 5