• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 424!

If you could improve something about ALttP, what would you pick?

• Gameplay

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Story/Lore

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Graphics

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Soundtrack

• Character Roster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Game Design

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't improve what's perfect (Mases option)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: What common item would you most like to see make a return with BoTW 2, or the next game after that, in case items still doesn't fit the game?

Third Place: Draw between "Instrument", "Mirror Shield", "Boomerang" and "Bottles" (9.1% each)
Second Place: Roc's Feather or Cape (27.3%)
First Place: Hookshot (36.4%)

The good old Hookshot takes the win this time, closely followed by the Roc's Feather/Cape. Third place was a bit of a mix, all with one vote each.

This week's question: If you could improve something about ALttP, what would you pick?

Gameplay
Story/Lore
Graphics
Soundtrack
Character Roster
Game Design
Other
Can't improve what's perfect (Mases option)

I went with the Mases option, but not because I think the game is perfect and can't be improved. Simply that I wouldn't try to change anything about it.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
This is hard, because I think LttP is a very mediocre game, at least by Zelda standards.
Aside from the graphics and base gameplay, just about everything could be massively improved.

I think the biggest thing to fix though is the game design itself. The base gameplay is there, it’s just that almost none of the mechanics brought in are done in a way that feels well thought out. There are too many items that do the same thing as other items, enemies are designed in a way that makes them frustrating to get around as opposed to being fun to fight, and the game has some of the worst dungeons in the entire franchise, beaten out only by the oracle games.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Graphics, mainly because I didn’t have a problem with anything really. I don’t think it’s perfect, but it doesn’t need much fixed. Better graphics is always nice. Gameplay would probably be #2 for me.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I ended up going with soundtrack, since while I don't really have a problem with the original soundtrack, it could definitely be improved. Graphics would be right behind it.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Gameplay. The hitbox on Link's sword always screws me up when I go back to play ALttP and I think the world is a bit too populated with enemies in the Dark World as well. More frustrating than enjoyable to explore for me.

I voted for game design. A Link to the Past is important for its historical significance but I think the dungeons don't hold up as well as some of the later games. Skull Woods and Turtle Rock stand out to me as some of the better dungeons but the rest are forgettable.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
With the exception of Zelda 2 (which I cannot beat), ALttP is my least favorite Zelda-game (so far, still haven't played Oracle of Ages yet, but I doubt I'll like it less). While it's a totally ok game, there's just something about it that feels off to me. Maybe it got too hyped up for me before I played it the first time or something? Anyway, there are many things that could be improved, but if I had to pick one, it'd be the story and the lore. Or rather the lack of it...
If there's one thing that really motivates me when playing a game, it's a good story and good characters. Sadly, this has never been Nintendo's strongest side, especially not with their bigger franchises. Now, ALttP is also 30 years old by now, so it's understandable with the technical limitations from that time that they didn't put too much story elements in there. But it's still the thing I would try to improve on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom