• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
The Zelda timeline makes sense with some iffy parts because they were intended to be in a certain order, but certain games were grouped together more than others. I think the timeline is fine as it is.

Navi and Fi are made out to be much worse than they actually are.

BotW’s lack of story is perfectly fine. While I wouldn’t mind and would enjoy more, the lack of too much narrative fits with the feeling of the game and prevents story from bogging down the gameplay.

Zelda shouldn’t be a playable character in BotW2. I’m perfectly fine with little sections like in ST or something like that, but I don’t want to play as Zelda, I’d much rather play as Link. I’m not even sure how they would balance the gameplay; honestly, I think she would be kind of boring to play as, from a gameplay standpoint. I’m not against female protagonists or anything like that, I just think the constant “flipping the script” theories (i.e. Ganondorf being good, Zelda saving Link, etc.), while entertaining, better fit as ideas for discussion or maybe a fanfic.

Last edited:
I think Majora's Mask 3D wasn't all that great. Ocarina 3D was excellent. The updates really added to it (except for Link's goofy walk cycle). I don't feel like they really took away from the experience.
Majora's Mask 3D, on the other hand, tried to add way too much. The changes that were made to things like boss battles, I'm sure we're supposed to be an improvement, but I just found them clunky. The whole game felt clunky.

It has been a few years so maybe another okay through would change my mind.

I am a little biased because Majora's Mask is my least favorite Zelda game as it is lol.

Everyone has an opinion that few others seem to agree with, but what is yours?

Here are three of mine:
  1. Breath of the Wild is not that great a game (Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, etc. were all better)
  2. Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time
  3. Tingle actually should NOT become the new mascot of Nintendo, as his immense appeal would likely put Sony and Microsoft out of business forever.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Horsehead is the most compelling character in the Legend of Zelda franchise and they should make at least one game where you get to play as him.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Let me throw another one in here.

Link should be an actual character. The idea that Link doesn't speak, doesn't have many expressions (SS and WW are notable exceptions to this), and doesn't have any real dialogue, yet isn't an avatar makes no sense to me. I really liked how Link was characterized in the SS manga and would love to see a game where Link has a substantial personality like that. I think this is an unpopular opinion, although I'm probably not completely alone in thinking this either.

1) The Great Bay Temple and Lakebed Temple were/still are fun.
2) BotW Shrines are waaaaay too over rated.
3) Navi and Fi are equally annoying.
4) The Cartoon series was and still is great.
5) Tingle is a great character.
6) Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are pretty good games despite their flaws.

Tatl is a better developed character than Navi.

I don't like the looks of Wind Waker.

I think that the time mechanics from Majoras Mask are cool and should be used in a future Zelda title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom