• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite game(s) so far this year?

Ninja

Well well well
We're a little over halfway through the anomaly that is 2020. What are your favorite games that you've played so far this year? Doesn't have to be released in 2020, but just whatever has been giving you the most enjoyment. For me, my top 3 are:

1. Ghost of Tsushima
2. Last of Us Part II
3. Pokemon Platinum (felt nostalgic, had to replay it)

Well because I've been broke as **** this year I've only played one game that has released this year.

That game was a free to play Tales game called Tales of Crestoria. It's good, there's a lot of content for a free game and the microtransactions really aren't a factor unless you just want everything ASAP.

As for games I've played off my own bat, I played Code Vein on and off with a friend and quite enjoyed it, though I was disappointed with the trash story and dull characters.

Ive also started playing the Ace Attorney trilogy on Switch. I'm only a few hours into the first game but I can already see why the series is so loved.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I've played a lot of games this year, both 2020 games and others.

Three stands out this year for me in particular: Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Last of Us Part II

Which one is my favorite is hard to tell at the moment. Final Fantasy VII Remake is unbelievable, but I can't ignore the fact that the ending sucks. Hard. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a stellar, magical experience but that gets dull super fast. The Last of Us Part II is one of the most emotionally harrowing games I've played in a long while, but it has flaws and holes like Swiss cheese.

As for games that aren't 2020 games, I was happy to tick off The Talos Principle from the backlog, finally. It's an excellent game. I also enjoyed playing Tales of Berseria. The ending made a big impression on me.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
final fantasy 7 remake was pretty dang good, and of course xenoblade DE though it's still just a nicer version of a game that came out like 10 years ago

I believe that's it in terms of 2020 releases that I've played, a few others have caught my eye though

non-2020 games that I've played recently, a hat in time was really good, and also bowser's inside story

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Honestly, other than playing through the FE series (which has been absolutely fantastic), there hasn't been anything that I've particularly enjoyed. I'd say Rune Factory 4 Special, but that's a remake of a 3DS game. Animal Crossing was okay, but I lost interest after about fifteen hours. Paper Mario could've been great, but I've seen and heard enough about it to let me know it's not worth my money.

Actually, releases have been so slow that if I didn't have FE, I wouldn't have much to play. My copy of Xenoblade Chronicles DE has been sitting around unsold (eBay sales have been kind of nonexistent lately), so I've thought about giving it another shot in case I missed something the first time around. Who knows? Maybe my opinion on the game will change.

MW7

I've replayed a lot of games so far this year but there are only four games I've replayed multiple times during 2020 already - Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, Goldeneye 007, and Super Metroid. I don't think I've played a single new game since I bought several when I bought a Switch a few years ago.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
In terms of games that have come out in 2020, uh, there's only Animal Crossing: New Horizons so far. And I've enjoyed it! I've poured hundreds of hours into it, I'm still playing it daily and I haven't gotten burned out from playing it. It's been my favorite entry in the AC series and one of my favorite games I've played this year.

As for all games I've played this year, well, so far there's been 17 I've beat and thus can consider. At the top would easily be EarthBound, which managed to enter my top 10 favorite games of all time (also it feels like I actually played/beat it years ago despite it just being 6 months ago, so, uh, thanks COVID). After that, some notable games I've enjoyed include New Horizons (as mentioned above), Fire Emblem (Blazing Blade), Bloodstained, Deus Ex, Fallout and Fallout 2.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Doom: Eternal has won my favorite game of the year.

Leave it to id Software to basically deliver more of what I wanted from the 2016 prequel.

Doom is a series about good ol' fashioned ultra-violence against demons.

I expected it to be that, and it entirely met those expectations.

Also helps the game is fun.

Quin

Disaster Master
Ghost of Tsushima for sure. I have been hooked since I got it. I'm also a big weeb so thats probably why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom