• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you prefer keeping your games organized?

I'm pretty sure a majority of us prefer to keep our games generally organized. At the very least, by system. Other than that, do you prefer having them organized even further or do you just take one game out and put the last one you were playing in its spot?

As for me, when growing up I was the type of person that didn't really care about keeping my games in any particular order, I'd just take whatever I was playing last and swapping it with whatever I wanted to play next leaving the cartridge/disk in the opened slot. In recent years though, I started to become more organised with my games. Disks and cartridges would be separated by system and even later I'd organize games alphabetically. Mostly due to misplacing and possibly losing a game on multiple occasions, traveling between home and St Jude's(while I was fighting cancer) and the local hospital in between due to a fever(fevers could become life threatening if left untreated with a low immune system).

What about you? Do you keep your games organized, or do you just keep them jumbled up(ig swap a game in it's respective holder with the last game played)?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I have games in different places depending on the system. All my Switch cases are in alphabetical order. Games in game cases are not organized, though.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I am a very organized person. Whenever the house needs cleaning, me and my mom are the ones that do it

I stack my Wii games into four stacks by the age rating and alphabetical order. I usually put the most popular games in the front.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I was gonna make this thread!!! Dude you beat me to it!!! But i pop my games into a lil purse and rummage yhru for a different game...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
my switch, ps4, and to an extent my game boy games are all somewhat unorganized, I just don't care anymore and I've gone digital for a lot of games for this generation anyway
most of the games for my other systems I do have organized in my cabinets, they're organized in the order of when I got them, different systems are separate of course

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I mainly organize mine in terms of franchise, but also what type of box the games are in. For example, all my GBC, GBA, DS and 3DS games are in the same drawer, while the Gamecube, Wii, Wii U and Switch games are in another, then I've got separate places for my N64 games and anything PS-related. It's within these that I sort the games by franchise, and also in order of how old the games are.

With my Playstation stuff I just keep things in alphabetical order.

But because I'm a nerd, when it comes to Nintendo, I sort by IP and introduction year and all that mad stuff. It makes sense to me to look at because I've been a fan of Nintendo for so long.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I usually just organize them by console and franchise. Besides that, they are sorted by which games I prefer more, with the franchises I like being the central point of the display, and everything else expands to the right and left. The games I like most are placed around those central games spanning from favorite going outward to least favorite. The game at the very end of a console grouping is one I probably don't care for, or at least, I like the games inward a lot more than it for that console's library. It's a weird system but it was something I always liked doing when I was younger.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I always have a specific order in mind for my games. For my 3DS games, I kept them ordered by series and then further subcategorized by which one I played most recently. For my switch games, the cases are in the order I bought them and the cartridges I set aside in my carrying case are in the order of favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom