• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming Regrets

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I felt like there was a post like this from a few months back, but I can't find it, so I decided to just make a new thread instead. Has there ever been a time when you had an opportunity arise as a gamer, but you missed the opportunity to sieze it? Or maybe you did something to your gaming collection that you wish you hadn't?

One of my biggest mistakes was passing on an offer to get Metroid Prime for free. When I was a teenager, I was hanging out with my best friend throughout childhood and he handed me Metroid Prime, insisting that I'd like it, he said it really wasn't up his ally of games. I ended up not taking the game, all I knew about Samus at the time was that she was in Smash and I hated using her in that game. I had no idea that Metroid Prime was hailed widely as one of the greatest games ever made.

About 5 years ago when I was hanging out with him again another opportunity arose. He pulled the game off his gaming shelf and was like I still think you'd really like this game. This time I was going to take it, but I ended up leaving without it because we had a get together of all our old friends and I got carried away with the fun we were having. I definitely wish I would have at least took the game to try it out back when I was a teenager.

What are some of your biggest gaming regrets?

I missed out on Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Gen 2 of Pokemon is my favourite gen and the original Gold, Silver and Crystal are some of my favourite games, but at the time HGSS came out I didn't have much money and life woes were keeping me out of the gaming realm.

Now it's hard to find a copy of those games that aren't being sold for almost triple figure prices and that's pre owned. It's a shame but nevermind.

And while we're talking about Pokemon, I regret playing Sword and Shield and while we're talking about Game Freak I also regret playing Giga Wrecker and giving them any money post G, S & C at all.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Selling my Skyward Sword remote bundle and selling my original GameCube, controller, and games. I pre-ordered the gold remote bundle way back in late 2011 and picked it up from GameStop the day of release. For whatever stupid reason, my kid self decided to sell it for trade in credit (ha!) and buy other games. It goes for around $250 brand new nowadays.

Same for my childhood GC. Sold it, the cables, and the games I owned at GameStop for trade in credit like an absolute idiot. Thankfully, I've built my collection back up since then with the help of some eBay sales.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I had no way to get gaming info, being young with no internet access. A lot of things I missed out on, especially the Four Swords Anniversary edition, which I wish I had.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
like in the older threads, just passing up certain games

Paper Mario 2 I passed up when I was a kid b/c the cover art didn't appeal to me much and I thought I already had enough Mario games at the time. Then in 11th grade, my friend lent me his copy of that game while I let him borrow Pikmin. It was seriously one of the best, if not THE best Mario game I've ever played....not my best call as a kid.

This is probably my worst call though, passing up Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. I saw it at a shelf in Circuit City and I actually held it, but my thought was eh, I didn't really like Marth from Melee, and that was it. It wasn't until years later after Brawl came out and all that that I realized the weight of that choice.

MW7

I let someone borrow my copy of the Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition, and they haven't returned it for 14 years. Master Quest being on 3ds helps, but the Gamecube game is valuable now. Also I regret not buying Metroid Prime for $4 used when I had the chance. At this point I'm waiting for the Switch re-release to play the Prime games for the first time.

I've just been reminded by a member that ZD won't let me tag but I sold my copies of Pandora's Tower and The Last Story when I had them on the Wii.

Had I know how rare those damn games were going to become I wouldn't have dared sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom