• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 415!

What is your favorite area in The Minish Cap?

• Hyrule Field (Includes Trilby Highlands, Eastern Hills and Western Wood)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hyrule Town

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Minish Woods

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Mt. Crenel

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Castor Wilds

• Wind Ruins

• Lake Hylia

• Royal Valley

• Veil Falls

• Cloud Tops

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: So far, Link has had either brown or blonde hair (and pink...), but would you like to see him with another haircolor?

Third Place: None (0.0%)
Second Place: Draw between "Red Hair", "Gray/White Hair", "Colorful (blue, green, purple etc.) Hair" and "No Hair, go bald!" (6.7% each)
First Place: No, keep it brown/blonde! (73.3%)

The original wins! By A LOT! All other options only had 1 vote each, except "Black Hair", which had no votes at all. But I must say that it feel like the "Bald" vote may have been a bit trolly... XD

This week's question: What is your favorite area in The Minish Cap?

Hyrule Field (Includes Trilby Highlands, Eastern Hills and Western Wood)
Hyrule Town
Minish Woods
Mt. Crenel
Castor Wilds
Wind Ruins
Lake Hylia
Royal Valley
Veil Falls
Cloud Tops

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
This is tough because I really do like every location in Minish Cap. But, Hyrule Town is the only section you return to continuously and you really get to experience new characters and side quests each time you return. Definitely one of the busiest Hyrule areas packed with secrets and rewards, Hyrule Town feels alive and ever changing. The rest of the world is still fun to traverse, but these areas are designed for you to do just that. There are secrets every now and then, but these areas function mostly as challenges to reach the next dungeon.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Minish Cap's Hyrule Town is one of my favourites. It's just big enough to feel like more than a couple of houses, there's a variety to the types of buildings that makes it feel like an actual place (a market square, a school, a hotel, a library), and it changes over the course of the game in terms of how much of it you can access, as well as who's there. It's a great hub area.

Honestly, Minish Cap could have been set entirely in Hyrule Town. The shrinking concept could add enough depth to an urban environment that an entire game could be made with it from just the one location.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I haven't beaten Minish Cap yet, but I have to agree that Hyrule Town is a such a busy, interesting place to visit and return to as the game progresses. It's my favorite town location in any 2D Zelda game.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It's been a while since I last played MC. And I only played it once. So I don't remember much of it I'm afraid. I remember I enjoyed the Cloud Tops a lot. So I'm going with that because I honestly don't remember much of it anymore

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I really like the Minish Village. The idea of a tiny village is just such an interesting concept to me, and it made me wish there were more tiny villages to explore. The Minish are a really interesting and somewhat mysterious race, on top of being really cute, and having them live in shoes and other small items that we never imagine being used as dwellings is a really great idea.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
It's been forever since I've played Minish Cap, so I really don't know anymore. So I kinda just defaulted to Hyrule Town because, hey, why not?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I really like the atmosphere and feeling of Minish Woods, with the little streams of sunlight filtering through from above. And the music fits so well too! It's such a cosy little forest ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom