• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you like to do to calm yourself and relax?

15027801849886.jpg
What is it?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Usually I go for a walk and listen to music. Walking helps me relax if i do it casually, and i often enjoy going out for an hour or so when I'm feeling stressed or just need a break.

Driving has the same affect on me, though since I live in the city and no longer in a rural area there aren't as many quiet places for me to go so it doesn't help as much.

Music is usually a good temporary distraction. I can emerse myself in a song/album that will elicit a specific mood/energy. Putting pen to paper and conveying what's on my mind is a better method of processing through what's bothering me though. Most often I'll write as if I'm writing to one of my closest companions even if I don't inevitably send it.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
If I’m experiencing severe anxiety, I rely on a breathing technique to try to help center myself (breathing in counts of three). For minor anxiety, I enjoy simple drawing, it helps calm my mind and provides a nice distraction to whatever is causing me stress. That, and if I like it, it gives me a little boost of pride in my work and that can help improve my mood.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
when i'm panicking i bite my finger and it clears me head which usually helps me to calm down

taking deep breaths and progressively relaxing all my muscles can be helpful too

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Typically I just put on some Enya (Especially if it's one of her instrumentals or when she sings in Irish Gaelic.) and I just let the mysticism of her music take over and that always works.

I'm a very tactile person so for me I like folding papers, running my fingers over a texture I like.

I also do deep, slow yoga-style breath focused on making your bellow expand big. I was told that it affects some positive chemical or hormone (cortisol?) that makes it impossible to feel afraid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom