• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Iconic Zelda Quote.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Another quote thread - What is the most iconic Zelda quote, really?

There are so many great quotes.out there. "Courage need not be remembered, for it is never forgotten", is a great one from BotW. "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" is another iconic one from MM.

I personally think no quote is more iconic that "It's dangerous to go alone - take this.". It just encapsulates everything that Zelda is about - a sense of adventure.

"Well excuse me princess" - Might be from a dreadful "game" but it gets quoted quite a lot

"HEY! Quit standing around, kid! The Ocean King is in trouble! Ship out, kid! Anchors aweigh! I said, MOVE IT!" - Linebeck, Phantom hourglass

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Obviously the most iconic quote is “it’s dangerous to go alone, take this!” But there are other quotes that I think are even better.

Windwaker in particular has some amazing quotes towards the end. Ganondorf and King Daphnes Nohanson Hyrule both have amazing monologues, and I’d argue that “this is but one of the legends of which people speak” is second only to “its dangerous to go alone, take this!” In terms of how iconic it is.

just about everything the Happy Mask Salesman says is pretty good. My favorite one is probably “whenever there’s a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, the parting need not last forever.... Whether a parting be forever or merely a short time... That is up to you.”

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.” - The Hero’s Shade, TP

Some SS ones:

"This place needs a name. Yeah...a name fitting for this rugged adventurous wilderness. From now on, we'll call it... Grooseland!" - Groose

“Nice hair.” - Link, to Groose
“Am I late?” - Also Link, to Impa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom