• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avatar: What element would you choose?

What element would you most like to have?

• Water

• Earth

• Fire

• Air

• Non-bender

Results are only viewable after voting.
TBF if you want to be a true drama queen, go with earthbending and go for the subset of lava bending, no ones gonna screw with you when you can create active volcanos as you please

Well I chose airbending originally because I read once that the winds on Neptune are 2,200km/h, so nearly supersonic, and I've always wanted to know what that would do to a person.

If I got me some airbending I'd know :3

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Well I chose airbending originally because I read once that the winds on Neptune are 2,200km/h, so nearly supersonic, and I've always wanted to know what that would do to a person.

If I got me some airbending I'd know :3
Is the airflow in one direction or conflicting patterns? Cuz fairly sure you could rip them apart........but bloodbending does that too
as does earthbending.......

Is the airflow in one direction or conflicting patterns? Cuz fairly sure you could rip them apart........but bloodbending does that too
as does earthbending.......
On Neptune I think its just air streams. Still a burst of supersonic wind in your face would still probably do a fair bit of damage, conflicting streams or not.

I'm listening....

Easiest way to paint the town red. Mwuahahaha.

I'd so be evil in Airbender land.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'm listening....

That's true & if you're thinking about assassinations then body disposal is sorted with lava as well
Hard to get away with it though cuz peeps would see lava pools everywhere........ well unless it cools down.

I do wonder at what point would one element transition into another. Could sand bending eventually go into waterbending? We know that techniques from one bending class can be used in another, but could one bender slowly learn to manipulate another element?

On Neptune I think its just air streams. Still a burst of supersonic wind in your face would still probably do a fair bit of damage, conflicting streams or not.

A supersonic jet would probs break someones eardrums at the very least.

Easiest way to paint the town red. Mwuahahaha.

I'd so be evil in Airbender land.

I'm fairly sure you'd make a cult and slaughter everyone in a village to get said hurricane.

I do wonder at what point would one element transition into another. Could sand bending eventually go into waterbending? We know that techniques from one bending class can be used in another, but could one bender slowly learn to manipulate another element?
Always thought that would've been a good premise for a season taking place after Korra. Deeper look into the sub elements to answer those questions.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Always thought that would've been a good premise for a season taking place after Korra. Deeper look into the sub elements to answer those questions.

Sandbending seems to have a lot more flow to it that normal earthbending, like Toph is a novice in ATLA presumably she gets stronger at it, but i see it as adaptability, Metal Bending strikes me as more set in your ways, unyielding to current events, the epitome of earthbending in fact, and lava bending is passion in what you believe in, more heart than brain.

So you have 3 precepts in earthbending that categorizes 3 elements, Unyielding Earthbender, Passionate Firebender (or emotional, look at azula's rage) and the Adabtable waterbender, with none of the others do you see such a range.

Firebenders, the ability to create lightning is splitting the energy within them and directing it out, but to redirect it like zuko and Iroh, requires flexibility and a calmness that isn't really inherent to a firebender.

Waterbenders, can freeze things up and even manipulate the blood within someone which you can think of as cooly illogical and emotional.

Airbenders, can learn flight and even spirit projectment via their detachment to worldly affairs. They are flexible in combat thanks to their training and very adabtable which makes me think waterbender, a powerful airbender can quite literally halt a target and even slay somone by it, showing determination, ruthlessness and unyielding will but you don't seem many airbenders becoming passionate or from the heart.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Why isn't there an electricity bending power?

There is, it's a subset of Firebending, Lightning Bending, it's powerful and ridiculously dangerous, the ability to split the energy within and project it outward. Only practitioners appear to be Azula and Ozai in ATLA, and TBF you can see why, both are split individuals who give into their emotions, namely rage easily, both are coldly calculating and logically illogical. they are literally fire personified in that regard. Erratic breakouts and always seeking to escape confinement but are able to lay low and bide for awhile.

You can generate & redirect lightning as a sub element of fire
There is, it's a subset of Firebending, Lightning Bending, it's powerful and ridiculously dangerous, the ability to split the energy within and project it outward. Only practitioners appear to be Azula and Ozai in ATLA, and TBF you can see why, both are split individuals who give into their emotions, namely rage easily, both are coldly calculating and logically illogical. they are literally fire personified in that regard. Erratic breakouts and always seeking to escape confinement but are able to lay low and bide for awhile.

So that's a yes on electric hurricanes then :3

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So that's a yes on electric hurricanes then :3

This genuinely bothered me in the series how is lightning a subset of Fire when for Air it'd be so much more, it's described as seperating the positive and negative energies within, wouldn't that fit an airbender who couldn't detach themselves from worldly affairs, one who becomes steadily more unstable because of it? Airbending is all about being calm both body and mind so surely a airbender who can't reach that stage of enlightenment should be able to lightning bend?

This genuinely bothered me in the series how is lightning a subset of Fire when for Air it'd be so much more, it's described as seperating the positive and negative energies within, wouldn't that fit an airbender who couldn't detach themselves from worldly affairs, one who becomes steadily more unstable because of it? Airbending is all about being calm both body and mind so surely a airbender who can't reach that stage of enlightenment should be able to lightning bend?

I imagine the idea comes from volcanic lightning, a phenomenon where the air gets so hot during an eruption that lightning occurs. I don't know the exact science but I'm assuming that's what they're thinking.

Lightning-Volcano.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom