• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is there a compliment that stuck with you?

My favourite compliment was here on ZD.

I had a good twenty+ years of nerding pent up inside of me, so when I joined ZD I made so many threads at a time when few members were making any.

After a while people started to make threads again, inspired by the ones I had made.

Then the members of ZD said I'd really helped to save the forum.

That was one of the best moments ever for me.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
There are a lot of comments on my writing that have always stuck with me, especially the ones on The Hero of Spirits. One reader told me how much my story impacted them and inspired them and that kind of thing always means a lot to hear.

When I was still an intern in college, I had the parent of a preschooler I worked with for a few months thank me for being a part of her daughter's life. That helped get me on the career path I've chosen. Also, this last Christmas season, I got a handwritten note from one of my students and his parents thanking me for helping him in the classroom. I've taped that to the side of my desk and I see it every day. It reminds me why I do what I do.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I had this really turbulent year in high school, which kinda ****ed up a few relationships and all
and I was so sure this group of friends now hated me so much, specially this kid that I didn't really used to hang out or talk to as much as some others

sometime later everyone goes to a class bbq and he just gets drunk and stuff and at some point there was this moment, after the whole thing is over and most people are cleaning up everything, where it's just the two of us sitting in a bench and he breaks the silence saying how much I matter to him and how much he appreciates me as a friend and just kinda talking about stuff that happened in that other ****ty year

and ****, it just kinda shook me to the core
I can't even remember if I said anything or reacted in any specific way but kinda meant a lot to me at the time ngl
I don't even know if it was the alcohol speaking of if it just gave him the courage to say it but hit me pretty hard anyway

Probably the one time my friend said she genuinely thought of me like a sister (including the playful rivalry).

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I had a customer say im lovely cuz i gave her flowers that were bloomed so we give those for free...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well I don't know if it's a compliment but this stuck with me for years. When I was like 25 years old or something I had to see a job manager. I had a job but only for 10/12 hours a week or so. He then said something I never forgot. He was looking through my files and CV (I don't know if this is the right word in english) and he said: "I don't get it. You are stuck with a "lesser" job. Cleaning. You could do so much better. Looking at you and your files you strike me as intelligent and one that could easily end up way higher in the working class."
That was years ago but still these words are stuck in my mind.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think the compliment that sticks with me the most is when a teacher in high school told me my potential was much higher than I ever let myself reach and that I would be capable of great things if I just tried. I had massive confidence issues in high school and I slacked off in pretty much every class, so when he said that I didn't really believe it. But it's something that has always stuck in my mind, and is one of the driving forces that led me to finishing university at a time when I was really close to dropping out because I felt like I wasn't supposed to be there.

The other ones are two instances in particular that I can think of, both relating to friends who I thought I didn't mean much to but they both gave me really nice compliments telling me how much our friendship means. The instances are isolated, but they're similar moments, neither of which seemed to have been triggered, so they have really stuck with me.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Probably from the end of my college composition class. It's the sort of boring writing class you're expected to take as part of your general eds, so nothing exciting was written there and none of it fiction. But at the end of the course, the professor pulled me aside and suggested that I should look at trying to publish one of my essays. It was nice to hear.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I love and am thankful for all compliments I get, thank you guys! but What I always think about daily is what @Mellow Ezlo said in member appreciation thread:

@Echolight gotta throw some appreciation your way, just for being you. During these difficult times, what we all need is a light to echo through the darkness, and you provide that light. Your wholesomeness is something I think everybody needs right now and you're just such a nice person. Thanks for being here to make us all feel better!

It just makes me feel so happy that I, for just being myself, can make so many people feel happy. When other people are happy, I just fill up with joy inside. My little quote in my sig made by me is inspired by what you said Mellow Ezlo, because I want to remember to always echo some light through the darkness, and echo love, and seeing it everyday helps me remember to do so. And I will always will try to be nice Ezlo, I can promise you that. Why wouldn’t I? ❤️

This compliment is just very special to me

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Doing housekeeping on my image folders today and I found the old screenshot I took of a compliment from @Spirit that stuck with me <3 :rosa:

Izbkc6Y.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom