• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Want To Go Beyond Hyrule?

The Hyrule Encyclopedia seems to think that both Labrynna and Holodrum are 'parallel worlds', just like Termina.
1200px-Worldzeldamap.png

That's interesting, I was taking a gander at the trivia section found at one of the Legend of Zelda Wikis here: https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Holodrum#Trivia

The information may not be wholly accurate, but it lends credence to the theory that Holodrum, Labrynna, and Hyrule all occupy the same universe and that all regions can be travelled to organically.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
That's interesting, I was taking a gander at the trivia section found at one of the Legend of Zelda Wikis here: https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Holodrum#Trivia

The information may not be wholly accurate, but it lends credence to the theory that Holodrum, Labrynna, and Hyrule all occupy the same universe and that all regions can be travelled to organically.

Unfortunately, any inaccurate information on the Zelda Wikis is superseded by the information provided by Hyrule Historia and the Hyrule Encyclopedia.

The big issue is that there's no inter-connectivity between any of the worlds or countries. We have no idea how any of them relate or interact with one another (if at all). Hyrule might as well be the only inhabited part of whatever planet the series takes place on, because we just don't see anything else.

Yeah, you have a point there. I would like Nintendo to take a stab at this and hopefully connect all of these kingdoms together geographically. But it's curious that the language and currency of Labrynna and Holodrum are both Hylian and rupees.

I've wanted to explore the region that wraps around half of Hyrule since the game came out. I was actually hoping it would be a part of DLC pack 2. But I'm really hoping for BOTW II we can explore that region and have to be just another part of BOTW Hyrule that we haven't explored yet. It would make it BOTW II feel like a modern day Zelda II witch is what I want.
Also I would love to explore the seas around Hyrule and maybe some new areas in the main BOTW Hyrule.

Funny, I was just thinking of that. I'd like to see, if not BotW2, but a new, big free roaming 3D Zelda setting players loose in a brand new land. Its been a while since we've gone someplace that isn't Hyrule.

Is the Labrynna/Holodrum being a different dimension thing more clear in the JP Encyclopedia? The english one doesn't see to say anything about that.

I'd prefer the 'Greater Hyrule' idea as well where BotW's Hyrule is only a portion of a map. Maybe the reveal that you can go beyond the BotW Hyrule trenches happens after getting your standard 3 macguffins or whatnot. Maybe the flying castle floats all the way to the top left corner of the expanded map, so no matter where you go, the castle is always a late game destination!

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
For a game that's set basically on the premise of exploration, it's almost excruciating standing on the edge of the map and SEEING land but not being able to reach it. I mean obviously, game limitations etc etc but it really does make you wonder what's over there. I'm surprised no Rito has attempted to cross it.

I'd love the very Hyrule that we know in BOTW to undergo a drastic change with not just a map, but a sea map where it shows you the underwater map and the islands of the skies map.

I want the entire Hyrule to literally drift into the skies with malice which gets drops shattering whats around hyrule so it somewhat extends the current map.

What do you think of Hyrule being like this in the next game? Ultimate Fantasy Map [Pic] (geeksaresexy.net) Look where Hyrule is:

I've wanted to explore the region that wraps around half of Hyrule since the game came out. I was actually hoping it would be a part of DLC pack 2. But I'm really hoping for BOTW II we can explore that region and have to be just another part of BOTW Hyrule that we haven't explored yet. It would make it BOTW II feel like a modern day Zelda II witch is what I want.
Also I would love to explore the seas around Hyrule and maybe some new areas in the main BOTW Hyrule.
I'm hoping that's why they took so long at this. BOTW was a Wii U game on the dumb and stupid machine having to be ported to the Switch so a lot was lost in the process. This time around I am hoping they will max things out and go for the top letting us unchart new territory!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Yes!! I love BOTW because you can explore so much so I need that again. I like to see how areas change so I don't mind if they're using same stuff from BOTW here and there, show us how the world changes, but hopefully there's so much more now we're on the Switch fully this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom