• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games you never expected to be so easy

Which games really surprised you by being easier than you had initially expected?
Or which games did you find much easier than everyone else had lead you to believe?

For me . . .

Zelda 2: Adventure of Link - I had played this game a lot before I new what the general crowd feeling of this game was. The crowds say this game is brutally difficult. I never found this brutal difficulty at all. Quite the opposite actually. The game is about average difficulty when compared to other NES games. The only hard-ish parts is Thunderbird which is trial and error on what the right mix of spells to use are and Shadow Link, which you can cheese the AI if you really need to. Sure as a 4 year old child it's hard but when older it's honestly nowhere near as hard as the crowds make you believe.

Mario Kart 8 - I've only owned this game on Switch. I have played many of the Mario Kart games and really found most of them pretty hard. That's not the games, that's just me sucking at racing games. But Mario Kart 8 I found way easier to play then I thought I would. It's also the first Mario Kart game after the original SNES game I've actually liked. Sure 200cc is tough but I think that's because I feel the tracks are designed for 150cc. Which is obvious as 200cc was a post release addition.
I mostly play without any items because with items, in most races I get hit by blue shells, red shells, lightning etc etc just before the finish line. Often I get hit with so many that the animation from being hit by the first item has not finished before I am hit by the 2nd item, essentially wasting that 2nd item. Though a 3rd item hits me after which does keep me immobile. By that point I've dropped from 1st to 4th while looking at the finish line and nothing I can do about it. Having a horn can't stop three or more shells coming your way.
150cc and 200cc no items is how I play and I really like it. I can usually get 1st on 150cc and 200cc I get 1st to 3rd most times.

Secret of Evermore - One of my favourite games and does a lot of things really well. But difficulty is one of the things it does not do well. To get any real challenge from it, you have to do a low level run. As in low character level and low spell level. Or just not use spells at all. The final phase of the final boss is a little BS but with the invincibility call bead spell, that just makes that phase a joke. Sure low level runs aretough but any grinding, even a little makes the game really easy.

Octopath Traveller - Quite a few people I have have said the game is really really hard. I finished the game, all 8 stories and the secret boss and I didn't find it that hard at all. Sure a low level run would be tough but if you play the game normally you'll not have any troubles at all. Sure there is one ability you can get mid way through the game that is outright broken (ie it's OP) and the 4 special bosses + the secret boss are all strategy. Levelling up enough and having the right party set up in more than half the battle won before you even make your first attack.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I always hear horror stories of every Persona game, from unfair AI to luck based fights. Not yet have I played a Persona game that was as hard as people say. With the right strategy a win is within reach every time.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Resident Evil 2 was easier than I expected it to be. There's still a fair amount of challenge to be found, but a lot of the horror comes from the well-done environmental details and aesthetic. The game was good at making areas feel scary and intimidating even if some part of you knew that you had enough ammunition to survive.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Kingdom Hearts 3, I didn't play the games until the HD remasters on the PS3, and some of the games kinda gave me a tough time, so I was antsy on the difficulty when I was starting KH 3, only to find it was a walk in the park, but honestly I'm cool w/ it

also New Super Mario Bros 2, this game was piss easy to a point of being boring, I wasn't expecting a big challenge to be fair, but god this was dull, I'm glad I only borrowed it instead of owning it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom