• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Classical Music

Which classical pieces do you like the most and why?
They can be old time classical or modern classical. Or even modern interpretations of classical pieces.

Here are some I like.
I'm not sharing the best versions of the pieces out there, just the first half decent versions I can find on youtube so you get a feel for the pieces. Be they panio tutorials or someone actually at a piano.

Canon in D - Johann Pachelbel

Invention Four - JS Bach

Moonlight Sonata (2nd Movement) - Beethoven - Starts at 4:40

Here the Deities Approve - Henry Purcell (Not exactly classical but it was composed in 1683 so it counts I guess)
Also there's a piece based on this Purcell piece also from the Draughtman's Contract - The Garden Is Becoming a Robe Room

Elegy: The Great Peconic - Billy Joel

I guess I should put "Chasing Sheep" here as well. As it's well famous now, that a lot of people, including myself like. It's based of the Henry Purcell melody Prelude to Act III, Scene 2 of English from his 1691 opera King Arthur

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My favourite piece of classical music is, without a doubt, Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. It is iconic and timeless and I'm not sure if anything will surpass it.

I also adore most of Chopin's piano etudes. His Fantaisie Impromptu is probably my favourite classical piano piece but his Revolutionary Etude is certainly up there as well.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Going to post a few here:

Mozart's 40th Symphony in G Minor:

Franz Liszt's La Campanella:

Franz Schubert's Erlkönig:

Johann Sebastian Bach's Fugue in G Minor:

Antonio Vivaldi's Four Seasons:

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, specifically the 3rd Movement:

Mozart's Magic Flute, the whole show really, but the Queen of the Night Aria stands out for really being difficult to sing:

And several more, but if this comes on in the car, they play to the very end, regardless of the length. :)

EDIT: Special props to this kid, for we are mere mortals compared to him!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom