• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your past dream game announcements/reveals that actually came true

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
We're hopefully nearing another Nintendo Direct, and I was thinking about last year. The dream of a Link's Awakening Remake was one that I had since the release of ALBW. When the rumors started, I wasn't too hopeful and dismissed them. And then, when it was announced and materialized right before my very eyes, I just couldn't believe it. What a dream come true.

Have you had similar experiences with things and games that you dreamed of and hoped for that actually came into existence?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
The Spyro games being remade and made for all platforms.

I instantly bought it when I saw it. I missed my boi Spyro, and since I'm primarily a PC gamer, finding out the game supported higher resolutions and frame-rates was something that made me happy.

In fact, it was one of the best PC ports, having every option I'm used to as a PC gamer.

That made me happy.

The Wind Waker HD.

When technology moved on from the Gamecube and video games became more beautiful and impressive I began wondering what The Wind Waker would look like on modern systems.

Then during one fateful Direct we went from;
Comparison_5.png

To;
Comparison_5_-_HD.jpg

It was something I never thought would happen, but when it did... Oh my god, what a day.

Quin

Disaster Master
Damn, just looks like a giant downgrade to me.

Both Monster Hunter World and BOTW for me honestly. I wanted both series to go more "open world" for a LONG time and both did it wonderfully.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Thug Mansion 2 and Pikmin 3
these were games I've wanted ever since I was a wee lad, and seeing them get revealed was so surreal, even more so when you realize these games are old news at this point

also this isn't a game, but I really wanna mention Snake in Smash! I wanted him back in smash more than anything after how deflated I was that he wasn't in 4, he was even my ballot character, so seeing him show up in Ultimate's first trailer was a dream come true, I barley even payed attention during the rest of that trailer after that

Master of Orion - 4th game
The 3rd game was garbage. Most thought that killed the IP. But a 4th game was released. Far from perfect but it is based off the amazing 2nd game and to me it was just so good. Not because the 4th game is amazing, it's not, but it's pretty good. The amazing thing was the developers finally realised that MOO2 is the firection MOO should be going in, not MOO1. To that end I was very glad to see MOO 4th game having many similarities to MOO2.
Many people (myself included) wanted another MOO2 like game and it actually happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom