• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How old were you when you first played video games?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Many of us played games when we were younger, but do you remember when was the first time you began to play? What game(s) was it and how old do you believe you were? If there's a story behind it that you can remember, feel free to share it.
I personally can't remember my exact age but I'd guess it was when I was 5-ish (maybe even 4?). The earliest games I can remember playing was Sonic 2 and some Star Wars game on my older brother's Game Gear, as well as Ape Escape, Crash 3, and Arthur Ready to Race on the PS1 around that same age range. It's possible there was something else that he or my oldest brother had that I played, but so far this was all I can remember. Although I wouldn't start playing games "adequately" until I was 7 w/ GameCube games, specifically w/ Super Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker.

Last edited:

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
either I was 4 and played Frogger on the PlayStation at my aunt's house or I was 5 and it was an Edutainment game called Big Thinkers Kindergarten, my family had just gotten a PC. My dad knew I would need one eventually for school.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I think I was around 4 (in 1999-ish) when I started playing PS1 at a mate's house, and getting my own soon enough. Around the same time, I was playing N64 with a different friend and my cousins, and got an Xbox a couple of years later. I don't have any specific timeframes because it all blurs together 20 years later. :P

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I was always watching my brother play and offering him tips and he left the room and i took over the waiting...dunno how old...

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I played super Mario 64 for the first time when I was in elementary school, remember it so well. I've watched my brothers play SNES a lot, and when I finally was allowed to play myself, it felt magical.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
God I can't even remember. It must have been a little younger than 10, but not that much younger. I know my first gaming device was the Gameboy Advance and I'm pretty sure my first game on it was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Discovered Pokemon FireRed not long after that and thus my journey down this path had begun. It might have been an older cousin who introduced me. It certainly wasn't my parents, lol.

Ninja

Well well well
Probably when I was about four or five years old. My parents wanted me to sleep in my own room so they bought me an NES and I was hooked.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I was 4 or 5, we had just gotten our first PC in the family (an old clunk with windows 95). With it we got a disc with 3 kids games on it; Thinkin' Things 1, Sammys Science House and Thinkin' Things 3.
A bit later, I think it was the christmas of 1998 or 1999, me and my brother got a used N64 with SUper Mario 64, San Francisco Rush, Aeroguage and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Those were the first console games I played

7 or 8, Played the nintendo 64 and played ocarina of time, I was too dumb to actually figure it out and completed the 3DS version when I was 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom