• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing Are you getting Animal Crossing: New Horizons on Day 1?

Threads relating to the Animal Crossing series.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
After 9 month's waiting, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is fast approaching. What is your hype level for this game? It's been a long time coming for a proper Animal Crossing on a home console - I believe Animal Crossing: City Folk was the last one (Of the Wii U game, none shall speak) - and I know a lot of the Switch fanbase are in a state of eager anticipation. But what about people here on ZD? Is New Horizons a Day 1 purchase for you?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Lost a lot of the love for the games i had when i finished New Leaf, kinda felt it was...........pointless in the end. I might pick it up 6 months down the line when it's undoubtedly cheaper

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I don’t have a Switch, so no. If I did have a Switch, I would wait until I could buy it used for a cheaper price. I like the games, but find that they get boring quickly. Not much variation to them, though they are cute and mildly entertaining.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
No, I won't be getting it for a variety of reasons:
  • The gameplay and titular loop aren't appealing enough to warrant a purchase. Simply running around collecting items to craft into an item which in turn requires more running around and harvesting materials sounds more like an extended fetchquest than anything. Of course there are other activities, but none of them seem too compelling.
  • The artstyle/models just don't appeal to me.
  • *No cloud saves due to item manipulation or whatever shouldn't be a reason to not enable the service which was purchased for data backup. It defeats the purpose of having the said service to begin with, and and no remote backup is equally inexcusable. If a system fails, then all progress is lost; there's no getting it back.
  • Tying an island/"save file" to a single console instead of an account makes no sense, especially when in family-oriented setups. Not only does this make repeat playthroughs impossible--one of the main hooks to sims--it would make it inconvenient for siblings or friends to enjoy their own separate experiences.
  • Isabelle.
*There's talk of them implementing some of kind surrogate backup service for Nintendo Online, but this sounds too much like Pokemon Home, an additional service on top of NO and base game costs. Hopefully it doesn't turn out like that.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I might not pick it up on release day, just because I'm going to be busy that day and might not have the time to pick it up, but I'll get it the next day for sure. I do enjoy the Animal Crossing series and have gotten a lot of mileage out of AC, AC:WW and AC:NL, although admittedly part of the reason I am getting it when it releases is because I know some of my friends are going to as well, so I want to be able to play it with them. Otherwise I'd likely hold off on buying it until later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom