• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses is Fighter #5

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw

Today it was revealed in a livestream hosted by Mr. Sakurai that the final fighter for the Fighter's Pass is Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Byleth will be another Fire Emblem character - the eighth - to join the roster. You will be able to choose between male and female Byleth, and the skins will be inspired by the house leaders from the game.

What do you think? Was this a worthy finale for the Fighter's Pass? Are you excited to play as the character?

Oh well...

I don't really have a strong opinion on this since there are only a small handful of unlikely characters I want in Smash anyway, so anyone they were going to add wouldn't have bothered me much.

Still, Byleth is a rather bland and anticlimactic way to end the Fighters Pass.

Six renewed chances for Milla though...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
No... Overall, I just can't shake the feeling that Byleth was one of the weakest additions to round out the Pass. I'm not against his inclusion since Three Houses was a smash hit and fun to play, but Fire Emblem is over-repped at this point and this honestly feels like Sakurai pandering to one series in particular. The last spot should have gone to someone totally out of left field, like a Dante or a Doomslayer or someone like that, whereas Byleth could release as one of the later fighters in the second pass.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I'm disappointed, but Byleth's varied moves make it okay right? S/He plays different enough that I don't really care to much.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I hate everything right now. I preordered the fighters pass. I spent money on this. If it were anyone else, anyone else, I would’ve been fine. But no, we have to have 8 SEPARATE CHARACTERS from damn weeb chess, a series that was dead in the water until Awakening. What the hell Sakurai

I hate everything right now. I preordered the fighters pass. I spent money on this. If it were anyone else, anyone else, I would’ve been fine. But no, we have to have 8 SEPARATE CHARACTERS from damn weeb chess, a series that was dead in the water until Awakening. What the hell Sakurai

What I find interesting is that they planned Byleth before the game was out and sold well and won awards. Which meant this was going to happen regardless, even if Three Houses bombed...

I think this is an okay end to the first fighters pass. Ending on a first party vanilla character after some third party surprises surely stings for some people but it makes sense with Fire Emblem's continued rising popularity. I wonder if people would react to this better had Byleth been earlier, though. I think Joker and Banjo, in particular, set people up for unreasonably high expectations.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'm a bit dissapointed in yet another Fire Emblem character. Just call ot Fire Emblem x Pokemon featuring Nintendo at this point. I skipped the entire character reveal and went straight to the other stuff. I do like the mii costumes and will get Altair and Cuphead. I'm excited at the potential for six more characters. No one I particularly want but still great.
Anyone who bought the pass didn't know what fighters may or may not be in. You spent money on a gamble. Yeah it sucks but you can't be surprised at losing a gamble.

I'm a bit dissapointed in yet another Fire Emblem character. Just call ot Fire Emblem x Pokemon featuring Nintendo at this point. I skipped the entire character reveal and went straight to the other stuff. I do like the mii costumes and will get Altair and Cuphead. I'm excited at the potential for six more characters. No one I particularly want but still great.

Anyone who bought the pass didn't know what fighters may or may not be in. You spent money on a gamble. Yeah it sucks but you can't be surprised at losing a gamble.

I like that Sakurai doesn't like DLC, and just like last time he said only buy the second Fighters Pass if you have faith in their decisions.

No other dev is going to say that. I doubt even suits at Nintendo like him saying that.

I'm probably going to wait until this pass is done unless a decent character drops early, but that's a gamble of long odds to me.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't think it's surprising for a 3H character to appear given the game's success and popularity. Personally, I would've preferred Edelgard as the representative, but I get why they went with Byleth instead. I definitely understand why people unfamiliar with the series would be disappointed, but the sheer amount of anger and salt is pretty funny.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Yes but I purchased this pass with the mindset that a new FE rep would be completely ridiculous, and that they would all be third party. This was downright dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom