• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you could add ONE item to BOTW2, what would it be?

Siphonix

Eater of Worlds
Alright everyone, I’ve thought of this, and personally, I would want either the Lens of Truth, or the Iron Boots. HBU?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The double hookshot would be the one I'd pick. It would make climbing faster.

Or maybe some gloves which stop you from slipping in the rain!

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Master Gun

Maybe a musical item? Those felt strangely omitted, though, the game didn't necessarily need them. I've always wanted to see the magnet gloves be used in a 3D space too, especially with the ability to pull yourself towards objects. Otherwise, maybe just a power-up like gloves or gauntlets that make climbing quicker/easier.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Repair kit, or the ability to reforge weapons so we can finagle the modifiers on it to suit our playstyle more.

Hookshot to ascend/descend just generally get about.

Whip cuz c'mon who else would've loved to Indiana jones a Moblin?

Pegasus boots and roc's feather cuz holy hell traversing hyrule is tedius, not even motorcycle really ups the speed.

Beetle would be nice to see a return i could think of a few challenges that'd fit well with it ^^

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I always wanted a shuriken as a weapon in BotW. It would work like the boomerang in TWW, you target multiple enemies and then you throw it on them and it comes back, and if it's broken, it will hit the last enemy with a critical hit. I imagine finishing off like 5 foes in one stroke would feel mega satisfying.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'd love to see some kind of item that temporarily increases your running speed, allowing you to speed up a portion of a climbable surface without actually having to climb it. Maybe it could be used as a form of long jump to help with navigation.

I think adding the hookshot is a terrible idea, since it effectively removes climbing from some aspects of the game, and no item should be used to remove aspects of the game.

I think adding the hookshot is a terrible idea, since it effectively removes climbing from some aspects of the game, and no item should be used to remove aspects of the game.
Except there's already a number of items or upgrades that remove aspects of the game. Lightning effects can be completely removed, and the Gale power up let's you skip a lot of climbing.

I agree though that they need to be very careful with adding in new items. I think they should add in the hookshot but it should only grapple to trees as it did in ocarina of time. That way you can have cliff that cannot be skipped using it, but if you are in hyrule field you could grapple to a tree launch yourself into the skype a little and then glide down (think Just Cause but limited to only trees). The hookshot could also grapple to specfici spots like the clawshot, and it could also function as the grappleshot allowing Link to swing across gaps. It would all need to be balanced though.

Ideally though, I would love for some Goron armour that let's Link roll up into a ball and roll through or over lava.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom