• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you NOT want to see in BotW2?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Like .. if it keeps too many flaws from BotW, like enemy variety and samey-looking shrines, or if it has a lowered difficulty (or higher), or if weapon breaking is still there. Maybe you don't want traditional item gating to return, or playable Zelda. Maybe you don't want the game to be spooky, after all.

It could be anything. But is there something you fear might be in BotW2 that you really don't wanna see?

Zelda's whining. Zelda's over-characterization as an anime character. Zelda's ass. I'm on the fence about the possibility of her being playable, but my opinion on it is entirely dependent on if she's an annoying presence or not.

I'd say I don't want to see (hear?) voice acting but I doubt they'll drop it. But if they could at least give an option to mute it so I don't have to put it in Russian as an alternative, that'd be nice.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't want the Weapon Breaking to return it was one of the big annoyances which made the beginning of the game particularly un-fun.

I would also like the narrative style of BoTW to go. The lack of importance and content related to story was a big turnoff for me along with the fact that the final boss could be defeated right away. This made the game feel like a sandbox rather than a true quest as other Zelda's have felt.

I would like to see the minimalist approach to enemy variety go away. Instead they should opt for including many varied enemy types

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I agree with just about everything said here, basically just make it an actual Zelda game this time and we’ll be good. I would like to add that the tunic of the Wild should be available from the start like it’s supposed to be and not some unlockable that you can’t get until you’ve effectively 100%ed the game.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
As just about everyone said: weapon breaking. Also, slippery when wet needs to piss off. If I want to climb up something, my lack of stamina should be the only obstacle. And a more focused main story. No memory hunting. Actual in-game story.

I’m still yet to complete BotW as just about all of these things have impeded any enjoyment I’ve gotten from it. It’s truly my least favourite Zelda game and I’m not even sure I’m happy about the sequel being in the same style.

Archer

Whatever
I agree. Weapon breaking is a little bit annoying, but I doubt they’d get rid of it. One thing I do hope is that they don’t have the Blood Moon returning. Don’t get me wrong, I like the concept, but I think they could try something else

Weapon breaking can stay if they up the durability on some items a little. It forced me to try and find new things.

I don't want the same shrine style over and over and over. Nor do I want the same boss over and over and over. Vary it a little and offer some history. I don't know who said it about the rain but yeah that sucked. It can stay if we get claw shot and claw shot don't slip in the rain.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Moblins and Bokoblins or more accurately not the constant re-use of them all we had cool looking guardians and NOPE they didn't get used near as much as i thought they would instead we got craptastic Moblins and Bokoblins EVERYWHERE.

On a similar note, monster ranks, they don't really provide any additional challenge once you've figured them out and to be quite honest the rewards does not match the level of difficulty.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
After playing LAS and suffering through that frustrating item gating again, I really don't want the series to go back to that. Let me go where I want if I'm creative enough to pull it off. Having to backtrack to get things you already know about just because you now have the specific item to get through the roadblock isn't all that fun.

I liked the story in BotW as it is, but I still really wanted another Zelda game where you get to explore with Zelda herself. This game is the perfect setup for that, it's practically begging for it to happen. So I really don't want Zelda and Link to get separated in the beginning and now you have to rescue Zelda from the caves or whatever as the end goal. I really don't want them to do that. Let her explore with Link during the actual gameplay please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom