• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most consistent gaming franchises in terms of quality

It is inevitable that a long running franchise will eventually see a 'bad' game. It happens.

The trick is to not have too many dud titles within the same series, thus preserving the brand's reputation.

In your opinion, which are the most consistent gaming franchises?

Which gaming franchises have rarely, if ever, put a foot wrong in your eyes for you to agree that the majority of games in the franchise are quality products?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't know really. Most franchises have bad entries and those that I haven't played any outright bad entries in franchises like Mario have loads of games I haven't actually played in them so I can't fairly judge.

Even games I'm not too keen on haven't been bad, just not my style.

Mah boi takes home the consistency award <3

main.png

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
If 'mainline Zelda' counts, then that. To me, every 3D Zelda game is either a 9 or a 10 whereas LoZ and AlttP are strong 8's.

Young as it is though, Life Is Strange is streaking it too. I think all three series are excellent.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Etrian Odyssey, Dragon Quest, Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, and Smash Bros are all some great series with pretty consistently fun and high quality games. With all these series', it's pretty clear what players want from them, and the devs always deliver. I'd also add Yakuza, but I've only played the first 3 games. I've heard the other 3 are great too, but I dunno enough about them to really say.

Etrian Odyssey, Dragon Quest, Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, and Smash Bros are all some great series with pretty consistently fun and high quality games. With all these series', it's pretty clear what players want from them, and the devs always deliver. I'd also add Yakuza, but I've only played the first 3 games. I've heard the other 3 are great too, but I dunno enough about them to really say.

Ooooh Yakuza is a good choice. Can confirm the others are great.

I'd say it's the Mario games that take #1 in terms of consistency; they may be mediocre, but they are reliably mediocre, I always know what to expect when I play them.

Sonic takes #2. Same deal as Mario, but Sonic's up's and down's are more noticable.

Fallout takes the bronze. It did well to hover in the "good" territory until... Yeah. I was going to give this franchise the top spot, but when there's so few installments compared to Sonic and Mario, that one stinker really stands out.

Then comes Metal Gear Solid which steadily became worse with every sequel. V was a very sharp decline, but the pattern is still there.

Now Pokemon I like, because it has a definitive good era and bad era. Even though XY was a little underwhelming, it served well as the weak, yet peaceful, bed death of the series before **** hit the fan for real in 2014.

BONUS: Zelda is all over the place and I could write a whole essay on it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
guess the key here would be franchises w/ a low game count, Pikmin and MOTHER come to mind since there's only 3 each, none bad

actually I think GTA could work for this, it's long running and for me at least, there hasn't been a single bad GTA game

Most consistent gaming franchises in terms of quality
Consistent does not mean good or bad. It just means the same.

To this end the 3D Sonic games are one of the most consistent series of games in existance. Consistently bad.

I'd have to say the Mario Kart games have been consistently good or better. None of them are pure garbage. The phone game excepted as that's so polarising.

As far as point and click Adventure games go, the Monkey Island games are all pretty good too. Of cause LeChuck's Revenge is the standout but all the rest are pretty good too. There's not too much variation in quality there.

I'd also say the three Diablo games have all been equally outstanding. Diablo 4 might change this but we just don't know yet. Immortal can be safely ignored as it's mobile garbage.

I've pnly played Persona 5 but one of my friends says all 5 main games have been very good. Some good consistency there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom