• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite 2D Zelda game

Ezlo

The Minish Craftsman
I was wondering what your favourite 2D game from the Zelda series is.
Being a Minish, mine is probably Minish Cap, mainly because it was the first Zelda title I ever played but also because of many other reasons. It had a good story, best 2D overworld, the kinstone fusions were nice, many interesting sidequests and seeing the world from two different aspects, as a tiny Minish and a Hylian. There were also times that I got fully immersed in the game.
What is your favourite 2D Title?
300px-TMC_logo.png

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Ya know, I thought MC was an alright game, but it was just so forgettable. I couldn’t remember a single dungeon or sidequest my first time beating it outside of that stupid mirror shield one.

But on to my favorite 2D Zelda. I will admit that I have no reason to love ST as much as I do. I think it’s probably because it was a perfect continuation of the adult timeline. They set off to find a new land and now we get to see the aftermath of that. It also easily has the best music in 2D Zelda.

In terms of how good the game is and not emotion however I’d say the original is the best

My favourite 2D Zelda is A Link to the Past, I love how it opens with the daring rescue of Zelda as you rush Hyrule Castle on a dark and stormy night after a haunting vision.

It is up there with Super Metroid for most atmospheric opening in the days of thr SNES.

The thrill of the Dark World was great, the visuals were lovely, the soundtrack is amazing and I just really love it.

Link's Awakening is a close second.

I've never really beaten a 2D Zelda game, but I would have to go with A Link to the Past. It has an amazing intro, and the fact that the world is already in Ganon's hands by the time you start the game is kind of overwhelming and I like that.

Should this thread also be a poll?

Ezlo

The Minish Craftsman
I've never really beaten a 2D Zelda game, but I would have to go with A Link to the Past. It has an amazing intro, and the fact that the world is already in Ganon's hands by the time you start the game is kind of overwhelming and I like that.

Should this thread also be a poll?
Yeah I thought about a poll, but there were so many possible choices, and there is a limit to the number of choices in a poll.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
For sure Minish Cap. I think out of every Zelda game, 2D and 3D alike, Minish Cap had the most living overworld. NPCs were found just about everywhere and it never felt like there were town/safe sections and game sections. It was all cohesively put together. I also really enjoyed how much thought was put into Castle Town. Despite it being relatively small, it felt huge. Every building had purpose and the shrinking gimmick made it so there was always a new discovery to be had.

A Link to the Past. It was my first Zelda game, and for me, nothing has ever truly captured the feel of Zelda since that game.

Link's Awakening is my favorite and I liked the Seasons & Ages games (I prefer Seasons in this case). I'm hoping those two get remakes too. It was so amazing how smooth Link's Awakening was compared to A Link To The Past when it first came out.

The Link Across Worlds & To The Past would be the next favorite group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom