• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Is Your Reason For Staying With "Zelda Dungeon"?

D

Deleted member 88720

As the question above states, what is your reason for staying with the website? Is it for friends? For your love of the franchise? Or is it something else?

Ninja

Well well well
Pretty cool community, everyone for the most part is extremely nice and welcoming, and we've done some pretty amazing things for each other over the years.

I will always have a passion for Zelda, but you can find forums everywhere, the community is whats the most important when keeping good people. :)

D

Deleted member 88720

I will always have a passion for Zelda, but you can find forums everywhere, the community is whats the most important when keeping good people. :)

I agree wholeheartedly; a healthy community is key to keeping a community together. I personally came here to post my works of art, and I know they go unread and generally unappreciated, but I still acknowledge the strong clique and bond that many of the members here have made over the years. None can fault how strong some of the unions have been, and it goes without saying.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Mostly stick around to talk to my friends on here. I still like to talk about Zelda, but not as much as I used to. I mostly enjoy the hype before a new game and just after it launches.
Reminds me of when everyone was watching the BotW trailer together and we got a title drop. Everyone just live reacting in the shoutbox

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well I'm dedicated to the site's frontpage. We got an awesome staff crew that I enjoy working with, and also hanging out with too. As for the Forum, my bonds here are very strong, I stick around because the friends I've made here are still active for the most part. I originally joined to have a place to talk about Zelda, and I still enjoy doing that here, but this is no longer the sole place I can go to do that. So like the others, I also stay on the Forums primarily because of the friends I've made here, and especially to keep in contact with the friends I have who I have no other means of communication with besides here.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've been here for over 8 years now, and I've never left. I consider ZD to be my home online. Through ups and downs, I'm happy to be a member and contributor to the community we have here. These have been the only forums I've ever been able to stick with. I went from a kid in high school to an adult with college degrees and a job, and this place has been a part of my life through it all. I don't intend to change that for the future.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This forum has been a huge part of my life since I was in high school and has probably been one of the institutions I've been attached to for the longest. My time here has had its ups and downs but I really love this place and the people here so while I haven't been around as much lately as I should have or would have liked to - I am still very much drawn here and enjoy my time here. It has been pretty cool to grow up with a bunch of people here and maintain contact with them (although that's something I should be doing better on a personal level).

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It's the regular user base, no doubt. There are some fine personalities here on ZD. People open and accepting of ideas. It's one of the few places I feel I can speak freely enough. And on the internet no less!

It wasn't always this way, however. I left during a period of time when this site was allowing the same sort of abusive behavior that other places on the net are rife with. During that time, the world had gone the better part of a decade without a Zelda title since Twilight Princess and without any Zelda discussion to be had most of the talk turned political and it was woefully clear that certain sides were not going to tolerate any dissenting opinions and took to personally attacking and harassing anyone who disagreed with them and for the most part that misbehavior was being tolerated.

I don't think I was the only one who bailed out around that time. I poked my head in silently from time to time for a while to see if anything had changed and it hadn't. And for a long time I had lost interest. Then when Suckward was announced I lurked in again to see what was going on and after a quick assessment I decided to herald my return and see how it went. Fortunately, many of the more beloved personalities from before had returned as well and many of the problem users had disappeared.

Since then the moderation team has been much better at maintaining decency here (my own modest collection of infractions speaks to that!) and the general userbase has been more than on their best behavior. While actual talk of Zelda related topics has waxed and waned from time to time the discussion of various interesting topics and casual chatter has kept things lively!

ZD is just a cool casual place to chill with nifty peeps from all around. Just the sort of hang out I prefer irl and online.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
What brought me here was the WW guide, what got me started with the community was reading the articles on the main page and finally after being around for a year I joined the forums. What kept me here is all the friends I have made over the years.

:pikalove::wynaut:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom