• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Voice Actors

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So i didn't see a thread addressing this but do you think the same VA's from BOTW will return for the 2nd game?

I'm sincerely hoping they replace Zelda's just for the fact she sounds so goddamn fake

D

Deleted member 88720

I think there's room for numerous new voice-actors if they aren't doubling-back to the ones we were introduced to in the first Breath of the Wild. I didn't like Zelda's VA either, however my opinions aside I'm fairly certain that their intent is for the continuity to remain stable. I don't think they will replace the ones they can afford to bring back, for the sake of immersion and progression in one's lore and history.

We'll have to wait and see!

I also don't really like the voice they assigned Zelda (her higher-pitched, more emotional voice in the Japanese version is more how I imagined her sounding like) but they'll probably stick with it for continuity. I know Teba's and Revali's voice actor wants to come back. Hated how Deku Tree sounded but like Zelda, they'll probably stick with it.
The one I'm excited for is Ganondorf. :stalfos: PLEASE GIVE HIM A VOICE!!! :ham:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I imagine the old cast will return for continuity even though I think a lot of the English voices were bad. Especially Zelda who will probably play a prominent role and we will likely have to endure that awful fake British accent when playing on the English language setting.

I am definitely concerned they will pick someone inappropriate for Ganondorf too just as they did for Zelda if they end up making him speak. He is one of the most iconic gaming villains and he should have a voice to match. Which means hiring someone good.

Still they brought back old VA's for the Japanese characters e.g. Zelda in Japanese voiced Zelda in SS also so if the worst comes down to it I can always enjoy the characters the way they are supposed to sound and likely the voice of Takashi Nagasako who they will probably bring back to voice The Dorf. Though if they brought Taiten Kusunoki from HW that would be even better. He does the most diabolical villain laugh of all.

Zelda will likely come back even though she should be replaced but it looked as if the Champions and the King found peace at the end of BotW so we may not see them again which perhaps would mean their VAs won't return... though we could still get the return of Yunobo's VA, man I hope not.

Zelda will likely come back even though she should be replaced but it looked as if the Champions and the King found peace at the end of BotW so we may not see them again which perhaps would mean their VAs won't return... though we could still get the return of Yunobo's VA, man I hope not.
Riju, Teba, and Yunobo are voiced by the same actors as Urbosa, Revali, and Daruk, so there's a chance they could come back. The trailer is filled with imagery of death and spirits (mummified Ganondorf, luminous stones which are said to house the spirits of the dead, and the blue-green ghost energy) and Aonuma said the game would be darker than MM, so I think there's a strong chance the Champions could stick around as ghosts, or that we'll at least get a mention of them.
Not too many characters had speaking roles in BOTW. Only really leaves Ganondorf as the major new addition.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
voice changes are always jarring b/c they hardly ever find someone similar as a the last person, its for this reason I don't want zelda's VA to be replaced but.... man she could use a good upgrade

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I thought it was confirmed that pretty much all the voice actors from BotW will be coming back for the sequel, well, the ones whose characters will have a role in this game anyway. I could be wrong though. I'm sure there will also be new characters in this game so new voice actors will be brought in as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom