• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you Like Controllable Companions to Return?

Medli and Makar from the Wind Waker, along with Princess Zelda from Spirit Tracks, added some interesting gameplay mechanics to the dungeon's in which they were present. Would you like to see a mechanic like this return? If so, what kind of ideas/types of characters would you like to see implemented?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
YES. VERY MUCH. The Tower of Spirits has some of my favorite puzzles in the series specifically because of this. I really want a party-style companion system in a Zelda game. Like Four Swords but not with copies of Link. I wanted that to be a thing with the BotW Champions. New characters that adventure with him and help him fight and solve puzzles. I would love that. I want a Link and Linkle duo like that, though I doubt we'd see Linkle in the main series without some changes. Her original concept was to be like Aryll, so I wouldn't mind for her to go back to that concept in a main Zelda game. I'd love to switch between her and Link and solve puzzles together like that.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
Yes. Not only that, but I kinda want Link to be able to take along battle companions with him from the start. Maybe knights-in-training?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
And don't forget the son of the Goron Chief you had to control as well for a short time and even during a battle ;) I like that. I hope this concept returns one day and you're able to control your companion. It's not a MUST but I do like it when it happens again :D

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I think it would have to be done right, but yes, I would enjoy that. I think I would like it if you were invincible while controlling the other, like in TFH. I thought that was one of the biggest problems with the section in the DS games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom