• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pets you have had

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I saw pet talk in the SB and thought I'd make a thread. So here it is, a thread to list and maybe talk a bit about all the pets you have had over your lifetime

What kind of animals are/were they? What is/were their names? Did you have a favourite?

15 gerbils--Felix, Junie, Max, Buckeye, Tanner, Scamper, Gus, Niblet, Violet, Caramel, Poppie, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Bruce, Almond; 4 bettas--Luna, Opal, Cici, Cherry; a couple painted ladies (one of which I did keep for its whole life because it couldn't fly). And I babysat one of my middle school teachers' turtles over summer once--his name was Franklin. (:

With the death of our last gerbil, Bruce, I'm down to just pet plants now. Three African violets, a poinsettia, a Norfolk pine, a peace lily, a Easter lily, a prickly pear, two kalanchoe, a velvet plant, shamrocks/woodsorrel, a nerve plant, a michoga, dracaena marginata, and now a spider plant. Most of them don't have names; I just call them what they are. My nerve plant is named Sal, though. And my dad calls one of my violets "Arnold" because he's swole. And my shamrocks are just petnamed "shams."

I'd love to keep a centipede but my dad says no. He uses the incredible memory of Almond as an excuse as to why I can't get any more pets.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
So my mom used to foster cats so I have had a lot of pets in my life. There were so many that I literally can’t remember all of them. The only ones that stand out from my youth are a black fluffy cat named Edgar, a Siamese named Poca, and a skinny black cat named Pearl. I loved all those cats dearly but sadly they have all passed. My mom has 2 cats, Elliot who is a orange and white cat that is getting pretty old. I remember him the most because we have had him in my family for so long. My mom is actually scared to get a 3rd cat not because I pointed out that every time she gets a 3rd cat one of them dies and we believe that his time is coming soon. Her other cat is a Siamese named Minerva. I love her. She was a Christmas gift to our family a couple years ago and she is such a chubby little cat but she’s the best. I have two cats of my own that I adore as well. I have a tortoiseshell named Pumpkin who gets on my nerves all the time and she is an attention-whore but she’s a sweetheart. I also have a really fluffy black cat named Gemini who is kind of shy and a little weird but when she gets to know you she is really sweet and loving.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I had a doggo when I was really young. He was named Alfie but he went crazy and had to be rehomed. He got jealous of my father and started to bite him so my parents thought it was dangerous for me if he stayed living with us.

I had a white guinea pig called Kazooie which I named after the video game character. She had a sister called Sweet who belonged to my own sister. Kazooie got mauled to death by a dog which got off a leash and broke in to her cage. And Sweet had to be put down because she broke her back and couldn't use her hind legs anymore.

Then I got a sand coloured hamster who was going to be called Pharaoh but he spat and bit anyone who tried to touch him. My friend's dad was over and he said 'I'm amazing with animals, let me try' Of course he was spat at and bitten. So we renamed the hamster Spit and had to give him back. Instead I got a brown hamster called Cyndaquil after my favourite Pokémon at the time. She lived quite a while and died of old age when I was 10.

Then I adopted my friends guinea pig who was 8. He was called cuddles and went completely deaf. He was really fat because he liked his leaves a lot and I liked feeding him. He lived to 15 which is really old for a guinea pig.

I have been petless for a long time now so I am looking forward to getting my pug on Saturday which is what I have wanted for many years!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've only had 4 animals.

Growing up my Aunt and Uncle had a Golden Retriever named Duke, he was an awesome dog. He was the family dog, but since I spent more time teaching him tricks, playing fetch with him, feeding him, giving him baths, and taking him for walks, and just taking care of him, he kind of became my dog. He died of old age when I was 15.

Because Duke became my dog practically my Aunt and Uncle bought a Pug and they named him Pugsy. I've always been really good with training animals though, and it ended up he became my dog too. I didn't like calling him Pugsy, and I thought it'd be so cool to have a dog named Majora, so I started calling him that. It got to where he wouldn't answer to Pugsy anymore, lol, so they had to change his name to Majora. He died a few years ago, I left him with them when I moved out and I regret it.

I also had a Parakeet named Tommy when I was 8 years old. I only had him a few months though because a cat we were watching for a neighbor got into my room while I was at school and knocked Tommy's cage over, releasing him. My Uncle told me Tommy flew out the window. I never kept my window open so of course it ate Tommy, but I believed Tommy got away back then anyway because it was what I wanted to believe.

The last animal I had was an orange maine coon that was a stray cat in the neighborhood where I was renting a house. I named him Garfeild because the first time I saw him I happened to have ate Lasagna for dinner and had some left over. I used it to get him to come near me. He seemed domesticated, so I took him in, and since nobody in the neighborhood claimed him, I ended up keeping him. He was already kind of older and he only lived 4 years. He was such a loving cat though.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I was little we had a dog named Franco, a cat named Jimmy (sorry Jimmu :P ). When I was age 9 we had another dog named Franco (german shepard) and a bird named Tedje (little Ted). When I was 13 we had two cats named Roxy and Tracy and the last pet we had was a dog named Wanda. I don't have any pets all the years I live on my own.

Let's see as a kid:

1 cat named Redman. He wasn't ours as much as we were his. He just moved in one day and that was that. He was a mean cat.

I helped my step-dad out with his cockatiels, Cutiepie, Ruffles and Duchess.

I temporarily had possession of a lost duckling I named Buccaneer. We found his family.

Two teddy bear hamsters, Hammy and Zipper.

As an adult:
Sinjin was the funniest, smartest little **** of a cocker spaniel. He and I may have gotten on each others nerves over the 15 years he was alive, but I wouldn't trade his personality for the most obedient and laid back dog in the world.

Alize' was a sweet, gentle Aussie Shepherd. He wasn't very bright, but I wouldn't trade his personality for the smartest dog in the world.

Wickett the Siberian dwarf hamster. She was my daughter's hamster, but I took responsibility for cleaning the cage once a week. Dwarfs are nippy and she constantly escaped her cage.

We have also had temporary possession of two lost California desert tortoises in a span of years, which were turned over to the California Desert Tortoise Rescue Club as quickly as possible. My daughter named one Squirtle and one Panzer.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Max was our first cat was a lovely lil dude but jad troubles with his guts towards the end,then Fin(ney) came he was real shy so people sometimes thought he was an imaginary cat came to us flea bitten and reall mangy then Hector didnt reqlly get to know hin and Theos our current cat ugly butt.

my brother had a hamster called Mini Max saved her when ahe got outta cage and into garden a few times....

and we have a pond of fish and frogs and them kinda thjngs...

Max was our first cat was a lovely lil dude but jad troubles with his guts towards the end,then Fin(ney) came he was real shy so people sometimes thought he was an imaginary cat came to us flea bitten and reall mangy then Hector didnt reqlly get to know hin and Theos our current cat ugly butt.

my brother had a hamster called Mini Max saved her when ahe got outta cage and into garden a few times....

and we have a pond of fish and frogs and them kinda thjngs...

Is that your cute kitty boos in your avatar? :)

Ninja

Well well well
Pebbles - Sharpei Bulldog mix. She was amazing and really protective. Died of a heart attack in my mother’s arms.

Bowzer - English mastiff Rottweiler mix. Gentle giant and he was my first dog I was responsible for. He developed a muscle disease and I had to put him down.

Kayla - Red nosed pit bull. Super loveable and submissive. You could do anything you wanted to her and she would just melt in your arms. I had to give her up to a rescue because her vet bills were too much for our financial situation at the time.

Ozzy - Pitbull boxer mix. Super goofy. Saved my moms life from a burglar and was an extremely loyal dog. He passed away shortly after we had to move. We were going to fly him up with us however he was too depressed and refused to eat. I blame myself to this day.

Ziggy - Super mellow iguana we had. He only had one asshole moment which was when he whacked me with his tail. His passed away from internal bleeding due to falling from the top of his cage head first.

Brady Bunch - Group of Koi fish we had in our pond.

Murphy - Rhodesian Ridgeback. Was a great and loving dog however had aggression issues and he kept going after my older dog now. Gave him up to a rescue who specializes in his breed and he is now in a perfect home for him.

00AEEAB6-1CE9-4A19-BDD7-E717DDA0000C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom