• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Happy Mask Salesman create the four bosses and Majoras Mask in MM.

Is the Mask Salesman the real antagonist of Majoras Mask?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Jotaro Joestar

Jotaro Kujo
In MM when you enter the moon there are children in there. They each look the same.
6507.png

The Happy Mask Salesman looks like this.
MM3D_Happy_Mask_Salesman_Model.png

They Clearly have the same resemblance which is, gender, skin color, hair color, and hair style.
Let me know what you guys think

If you think about it. He collects/makes masks. When you defeat the bosses around Termina they turn into masks. Wouldn't it make sense that he created the masks and used some sort of dark magic to make them come real.

Last edited by a moderator:
He just collects weird masks with evil powers. He is one of the main people in the story simply because one of his masks was stolen and Link's job is to get it back. Just unlucky that the evil cursed mask was stolen.

Jotaro Joestar

Jotaro Kujo
Taking this quote from the Some Observations about the Happy Mask Salesman posted by the Legacy Staff. It says“the evil has left the mask after all” as indicative of disappointment at not getting a chance to use the mask, it could just as easily indicate relief or curiosity or disappointment in the mask’s new mundane nature." I think that because he knows so much about the mask, for instance how he knew it was evil and possessed demonic powers he still chose to carry it on his persons. I think he was mad that he couldn't wield the power of the mask but the Imp could. So he made the 4 dungeon bosses to beat Majora but didn't realize that Majora had the power to control them so he sought out link to defeat him. @the8thark

@Dylan

I think it was more a casual observation. He knew the mask was evil and that's why he wanted it back so much. I think anyone could use it's power, he just didn't want anyone to use it because it was evil power. Link just happened to appear at the right time just after the mask theft. He was an obvious choise to ask to get the mask back. Link was walking around with a sword and shield.
I'm not sure who made the 4 boss masks. Was it the evil moon? Was it the 4 giants? Was it Majora? What we do know is beating their evil forms does remove all of the evil from their areas. That makes me think that these masked bosses always existed and Majora just corrupted them and their areas became corrupted too as a result.

Four has the sort of connotations in East Asia that six has in the West; the Zeldas don't normally use Eastern motifs very much, but Majora's Mask is an unusual Zelda...
I like that idea and that’s probably the reason.

Anyway, Majora’s Mask doesn’t explain much and wants the player to take it in his/her own way.
The Happy Mask Salesman, as far as we know, isn’t good or bad. He’s simply just trying to get back what was stolen from him.
The MM manga displays him as a troublemaker:
3244610-7351352361-26.jp.jpg

The manga however, is just long fanfiction and isn’t canon. Some people theorize he’s a deity and some people think that the Moon and children are supposed to symbolize Skull Kid’s loneliness. So there’s really not a right answer, you’re supposed take it in your own way.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
In the end, Skull Kid and the Four Giants were revealed to be friends some time ago. But they left him in order to become guardians and protect their regions, leaving him to become sad and eventually mischievous. So maybe when he was possessed by Majora's Mask, it read his memories and both acted out vengeance for him, at the same time as it cursed the only defense against it. It avenged Skull Kid's anger at his friends leaving him by transforming them into Monsters using corrupted masks that could have also been snatched behind the scenes by Skull Kid during his encounter with the Happy Mask Salesman. Just a thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom