• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite present you received?

My dad gave me a chemistry starter kit when I was 5 or 6. I think that was the first spark that led me to choose a scientific career.
Another great present was given me by my dad as well when I was 8. It was an empty circuit board in which I could add electric components and make working electric devices. It was a lot of fun to test what components were required to make e.g. an on/off switch for a light bulb.

Those two gifts had a significant impact on my personality. Thanks to them I like to study nature and want to solve its mysteries with help of science.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Probably my first car from my parents. When I turned 16 and started driving they got me a cheap second hand manual car to learn in. They kinda struggled to get by so the fact that they put aside the money needed to buy even that car was extremely nice of them and I was very grateful - it served me well to learn how to drive too.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My favourite present I have ever received was my Nintendo Wii with Twilight Princess actually. Although I have received presents of far greater value there is not one I can remember that brought me as much excitement as that.

The Wii's were sold out almost everywhere in England so I couldnt have it on my birthday itself as I wanted. The only Wii left was in a neighbouring city and I can remember going up with my mother and just absolutely desparate to get my hands on it!

It took an hour to get home and it was just agonizing to wait even that much longer I was so hyped up, but yeah when I finally did. Oh my god! To play the next Zelda on the Wii. That was just the best time!

Peak excitement of my life right there and TP of course ended up my favourite game for years.

So there you have it. My favourite present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom