• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Game of All Time?

ocarina of time of course

followed by almost all other zelda games

if not zelda games, than foremost rpgs: like xenoblade chronicles, tales of symphonia, rogue galaxy, FFXII, shadow hearts 2, ...

BotW. By a huge margin.
No other game has same kind of impact on me. Everytime I turn Switch on, launch BotW and hear first sounds of the game, a feeling of relaxation comes over me. The game doesn’t push you to do anything. It allows you to wander freely and experience wilderness in your own pace and way in such a beautiful world. Visuals really appeal to me. I think the art style is perfect. Just watching sunset and sunrise in top of a mountain calms me down. Before BotW I wouldn’t have thought a game could be such a strong stress reliever or could have even therapeutic effects. BotW really helped me to cope with work stress last year.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
None other than Ocarina of Time. I played it about 4 and a half years ago and it was everything I ever wanted from a video game. Beautiful fantasy setting, epic story, a variety of different mechanics and abilities to help you navigate through the game (this was something I had rarely seen before), intricate sword controls. Seriously it was the game of my dreams. Sure the follow-ups were good and also had a lot of that, but I feel like OOT utilized it to the fullest (plus it had time travel, adding even more depth).

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
in the zelda series MM, it's a damned great game and none of the others have matched it's depth of character to do (fight me i'll kill you on this)

Outside of it, Dark Chronicles (Dark Cloud 2) Such a damned good game, you got time travel, town building dungeon crawling, golf, monster transformation and a damned good plot that draws you in, breaks you down and makes you want more

Gonna tag onto this with a few new ones i think are my best loved:

Hollow Knight (Honestly this Actually comes really close to Dark Cloud 2 in terms of belovedness, compelling music, lore that hooks you in and mother of god the map itself)
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (cuz who else doesn't love gratuitous orc murders and controlling them)
Dark Souls II (Greatest array of weaponry and combinations in the series)

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Ocarina of Time for Zelda and Dragon quest builders for not Zelda if you get stuck you can run off and do sumnat else

ALttP and BotW are tied at number one for me.

My top ten would probably look something like this at the moment:

1/2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3.The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Red Dead Redemption(the first one; 2 is garbage)
5. Mega Man 9
6. Super Mario World
7. Shovel Knight
8. Mega Man 2
9. Sonic Mania
10.Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Honourable Mentions include: The Super Mario Galaxy titles, SMB3, Super Mario Odyssey, Celeste, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Mega Man 6, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Majora's Mask, A Link Between Worlds, Tropical Freeze, Mega Man 11, DKC1, and more.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
TP. To me, it's one of the few games that has a good balance of all aspects and manages to cover its own flaws well enough that they don't detract from the experience. If I am to be honest, though, it kinda annoys me that nothing has surpassed it yet. There's still plenty of good games being made, but it feels like we rarely see progress with many developers focusing on gimmicks over evolution or treating games like a time sink instead of...well...games.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
Twilight Princess is my favorite game of all time.

A few others that I consider to be my favorites, in no particular order.. Super Mario World, A Link Between Worlds, Shenmue, Another Code: Two Memories, Pokémon Ruby, Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong Country, Pokémon Snap, Assassin’s Creed 3, and Breath of the Wild.

Last edited:
Twilight Princess is my favorite game of all time.

A few others that I consider to be my favorites, in no particular order.. Super Mario World, A Link Between Worlds, Shenmue, Another Code: Two Memories, Pokémon Ruby, Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong Country, Pokémon Snap, Assassin’s Creed 3, and Breath of the Wild.

:eek: I've never met anyone else who has played Another Code: Two Memories before! Awesome game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom