• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Are you going to play (or replay) LA before its remake is released?

So, if you haven’t played LA yet or it’s been long time since you played it last time, are you going to play it before LA switch?

I haven’t played LA and don’t know yet should I play one of the older versions or save it until switch LA comes. I wish I could travel back in time and re-experience some Zelda playthroughs once again as it was the first time. So for me it’s significant to choose the best way to play LA since this is my first time.

Any thoughts how to get the the best experience out of LA?

I was gonna replay it after the trailer dropped but my last playthroughbwas last year so I personally have decided to wait to get a fresher take on LA Switch.

If you haven't played the original yet I'd suggest playing it before LA Switch drops. I'd recommend the DX version if you can (it's available on 3DS eShop).

I think people should experience original works if they can before going into the shiny modern new flavour.

LA is a really great game too, so I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Hmm I was thinking maybe I play LA switch first but perhaps you’re right I should play the original first. If I played remake first, older one couldn’t offer anything new. Other way around, original first, it would make more sense as remake could still offer something new. Furthermore, I wouldn’t need to go through the trouble of avoiding spoilers.

Salem

SICK
Oh yeah, I do plan too, it becomes easier to notice changes because the older game is fresh.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I've played through it too many times, though not gonna lie, that's mainly b/c my battery is screwed up and would erase my saves after a certain period of time, and like an idiot, I still kept starting new files despite knowing at a point that I should just change the battery anyhow
.... so nah

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I started replaying it just a few weeks ago because I was feeling the desire to play a classic 2D Zelda. I got to the part right before you have to get to Animal Village, and will probably bail on it so that LA Switch is a fresher experience. Depending on how much they change, I want to go into the game having to figure it out as best I can.

It depends if we get a release date more specific than just ‘2019’. If it’s closer to the end of the year, then I’ll probably play the original first.

Recently I had begun contemplating playing the games I hadn't played (LA and the OoX). I'm glad this got announced when it did. So I'm going to wait for the remake and get that 'new Zelda game' experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom