• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Link's Awakening herald more 2D remakes for Zelda?

Link's Awakening was previously updated for the GameBoy Color, adding colour and a new dungeon.

With Link's Awakening being remade for Switch, this will be the second update the game has recieved.

A lot of fans were wanting a Minish Cap remake given ALBW's hyrbid sequel-remake status and LA already having a DX version...

However, have Nintendo gone back to LA to start remaking the older 2D games in order?

Fo you think we'll see more 2D Zelda remakes going forward instead of original 2D titles?

I would personally LOVE to see the OG LoZ remade in this format. I'd pay full retail for that and not look back!

Well, some people argue that ALBW is a remake of ALttP. Minish Cap, Four Swords and OoS/OoA were created by CapCom and I’m not sure if they would have trouble remaking those. Four Swords Adventures was made by Nintendo ,but the multiplayer used GBA or GBAsp as controllers. (Although you can play single player with a regular GameCube controller) Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass’ whole thing was the touchscreen (which the Switch has, but barely uses) so those might be more likely. (I think A Link Between Worlds is a whole different game btw)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It probably wouldn't be hard to remake the oracle games with the same engine. I feel like no game is really out of the question for remakes, since that seems to be the way Nintendo is filling the gaps between new games. Eventually they'll have to remake some more of the 2D games.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
It probably wouldn't be hard to remake the oracle games with the same engine. I feel like no game is really out of the question for remakes, since that seems to be the way Nintendo is filling the gaps between new games. Eventually they'll have to remake some more of the 2D games.
Though i think they will need to do something with capcom since if i remember capcom made the oracle games. So they might get delayed

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Though i think they will need to do something with capcom since if i remember capcom made the oracle games. So they might get delayed
Yeah, the Oracle games, Minish Cap, and Four Swords were developed by Capcom. So with the 2D games that just leaves the original LoZ, Zelda 2: AoL, ALttP, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and ALBW. They could do something faster with those games, or take the time to work something out with Capcom.

I really don't want any more remakes after LARemake.

I do hope, however, that we get an original 2D game with the same art style and/or engine(in addition to a possible MM-esque sequel/prequel to BotW).

Salem

SICK
Hopefully that doesn't preclude Original 2D Zeldas( that have original world maps unlike ALBW).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom