• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the font of Breath of the Wild part of Zelda's new identity?

BotW is already the best selling Zelda, which means most people have played that one game.

The font will be recognisable to new fans and the majority of players as an identifying trait.

The recently revealed Link's Awakening on Switch also uses the Breath of the Wild font where the original abviously didnt.

Will future games use the Breath of the Wild font?

Do you think the font is here to stay in place of the old one?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
If I know Nintendo like I think I like to know them, they hold on to things that work, so this font will be here for a long LONG time.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Perhaps just for decline timeline branch games. As the integrity of the logo seems to be in decline with all those cracks they could be hinting to us.

Perhaps just for decline timeline branch games. As the integrity of the logo seems to be in decline with all those cracks they could be hinting to us.
This is what I'm thinking.

Further hinting at a BotW DT placement? Hmm...

Wondering if that is the case. My biggest gripe with it is that the Zelda logo usually stylistically changes in depth and shading from title to title. This is done to compliment the subtitle, as well as incorporate other designs relevant to the game such as the King of Red Lions being behind the logo. Using the flat, yet worn look doesn't look good in the least with the new Link's Awakening logo text which is like a curvy and moving, clean edged font. The subtitle's font choice looks horrendous next to the BotW logo text, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom