• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Confirmation for Three Houses, heavy implication for Animal Crossing and Hollow Knight, good chance for Joker, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Daemon X Machina.

Good chance for Joker? Let him release whenever he does, and give us #2's reveal already. It's gonna be Banjo or Sora, due to KH3's release or the XBL/Switch unison.

I made this horribly obnoxious illuminati confirmed meme for the direct tomorrow. I can't even tell if I'm being serious at this point but #hornet4smash

shawtime.jpeg

Memes aside, I have medium expectations for the direct tomorrow. It's our first direct of the year, so I'm hoping they got some good stuff to showcase apart from our long awaited info on Three Houses (which hopefully eliminates some of my doubts about the game). Would like to see some info getting dropped tomorrow on Animal Crossing Switch and possibly the new Pokemon games to get the ball rolling for the year, but apart from that, I'm just happy we're finally getting a direct. Smash news is always welcome, too.

Super Mario Maker 2 was the highlight of the Direct for me. Slopes, desert and ice themes, cat suit in 2D, snake blocks, water tiles in other themes, colored on and off switches, clear pipes, Boom Boom. So much good.

Link's Awakening on Switch has me intrigued, though the art style seems a bit strange to me.

Other than that, I'll be picking up Fire Emblem Three Houses, Hellblade, and DQ XI S.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
RUNE FACOTRY RUNE FACTORY RUNE FACTORY RUNE FACTORYYYYYYYYYY

This direct was great. Three Houses looks awesome, Link's Awakening looks adorable, Astral Chain looks sick, and RUNE FACTORY 5 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!! AND RF4 PORT CONFIRMED TOO!!! You can bet I'm buying that even though I have 300+ hours on 3DS. I AM VERY HAPPY.

Summary of the 13 February 2019 Direct

Super Mario Maker 2 - June 2019
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - 2019
Boxboy Switch - April 26 - 2019
Smash Bros 3.0.0 + amiibo
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Switch Update + DLC - March 19
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night - 2019
Dragon Quest Builders 2 - July 12 2019
Dragon Quest XI - S - 2019
Disney Tsum Tsum Festival - 2019
Starlink - Battle for Atlas - Update - April 2019
Rune Factory 4 Special - 2019
Rune Factory 5
Oninaki - 2019
Yoshi’s Crafted World - March 29
Fire Emblem 3 Houses - July 26 2019
Tetris 99 - Now
Dead by Daylight - 2019
Deltarune Chapter 1 - 28 February 2019
Daemon X Machina - 2019
GRID Autosport - 2019
Hellblade Senua’s Sacrifice - 2019
Mortal Kombat 11 - April 23 2019
Unravel - March 22
Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered + DLC = May 21
Final Fantasy 7 - March 26 - 2019
Choccobo’s Mystery Dungeon - Every Buddy - March 20 2019
Final Fantasy 9 - Now
Astral Chain - 30 August 2019
Zelda - Links Awakening Remastered - 2019

Decent Direct overall.

Mario Maker 2!

Daemon Ex Machina slipped but a demo is welcome.

Astral Chain looks good.

FFIX came out straight away (the best one).

Link's Awakening Remake looks... just, *big sigh*.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is sailing dangerously close to schoolgirl waifu dating simulator.

I also love that the next update to Starlink basically turns the game into more Star Fox than Starlink.

But best of all...

TETRIS BATTLE ROYALE!!

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Overall not a bad direct, saw some cool things.
Mario maker 2 gives me an excuse to get it IF I do want to.
May as well not even bothered with the smash update since it'll be a good while before it's out
Tetris 99 - Some how Nintendo made it into the battle royale game with TETRIS of all things. Amazing
Assassin's Creed 3 - Meh, not the best one to have.
Zelda - I feel very conflicted. I like that we got zelda, but that clay art style I really don't care fore.

So like I said not a bad direct, but not amazing either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom