• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you want to see in Super Mario Maker 2?

The Super Mario Maker 2 rumours are pretty heavy right now, so in case we get a reveal sometime soon, I wanna know you'd like to see in the potential sequel.

Personally I'd port thr forst game first because everyone wants it on Switch but if they are making a sequel you also don't wanna split the userbase.

So, with that in mind, these are the things I'd like to see;

-Everything the first game did.

-Playable characters with ubique traits (Luigi, Toad, Peach).

-Hills/slopes and more power ups.

-New art styles. I'd really like to see the Paper Mario style get added.

What about you, what do you want to see?

Agree with everything you said.

A few more ideas:

Colored Yoshi's with all their attributes like in Super Mario World.

Ability to place water and lava tiles in any level theme.

More bosses (Koopalings, Boom Boom, Reznor).

Ability to place the flagpole/axe to end the level in the subworld.

This question has been asked many times in the forums already. However since it was rumoured foe the upcoming direct I see no reason to not have yet another topic about this.

The obvious things everyone want are
  • Slopes
  • More titlesets - Like the desert and ice themes from various 2D Mario games
  • More enemies - Like Boom Boom, angry sun, and many others
Some other ideas that might work
  • More playable characters - I think they'd have to be done liek SMB2 but chosen by the level creator. As in the level creator choses the one character the level must be beaten with. Helps to prevent unbeatable levels being uploaded.
  • Water and Lava anywhere in levels - I don't know about this. Having low level water and lava titlesets would easily work. They already exist in games like SMB3 and SMW. But water and laval anywhere? If it's abuse proof then sure I guess.
  • More ways to beat the levels - We have secret chests in SMB3, Keys in SMW, that one orb in one SMW level (which many SMW hacks use a lot) and more. Only having the flag and axe to end the level gets old after a while. Of cause the level ending key would have to be different to the red door key. It's be a grable item like in SMW.
  • More powerups - Hammer, frog, penguin, ice, mini-mushroom, acorn suits. Probably not the super acorn and super P as they just break levels.
  • Fences from SMW castles - I saw someone asking for that and it's something different. I don't know of I'd use it but having it there for more level options is not a bad thing at all.
Some organisational things I'd want to see
  • A way to properly report broken stages. Stages that use glitches to beat but those glitches are later fixed by Nintendo. That makes for unbeatable stages. A way to report these glitched fixed unbeatable stages would really help.
  • Better ways to search for stages. Being able to search by name or uploader would be really nice. Also having a favourite level and favourite creator list would help as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom