• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread VFD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello it is me, your good pal Sunfan, once again coming at you this time with 5 posts.

Please enjoy this .png of a very good girl as a test of whether or not the site allows me to post files and links

images

Attachments

• natasha.png
    natasha.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 0
Hello it is me, your good pal Sunfan, once again coming at you this time with 5 posts.

Please enjoy this .png of a very good girl as a test of whether or not the site allows me to post files and links

images

We could, or you could stay on task and play the game instead of whatever you're currently doing. Just a thought.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
this post is v important. depending on how many scum are left, minish may have left us a hint here. out of 13 players, 3 scum isn't unreasonable. There's probably one in leaning scum, and possibly one in town. There could also be a serial killer, as someone else mentioned the possibility of (i don't remember who).

both of her definite scum suspects turned out to be town and knowing how willing minish normally is to bus a scumbud, i'd say looking into doc or mido's replacement is a safe bet. imo doc plays the same no matter what alignment. i'm looking forward to posts from the new guy. also waiting to hear from pen and moe but i don't expect to see pen till tomorrow because timezones.

What do you all think?
I think she probably did atleast put a real scumbud in her scum lean list, when I played as a scumbud with her in Gumball's game she even said she wouldn't have minded bussing me to get town cred. Which one that list of scum leans is a toss up. Doc has been more active today so I'm hoping he posts more so we can get a read on him, if he continues to just hang back that's just really scummy, and tbh avoiding the game on Day 3 feels like a tactic only scum would use to keep up ambiguity.

Mido's replacement is atleast posting too so let's hope he maintains that activity. I don't think anyone found Mido scummy Day 2 beside Minish. If she put a Scumbud in her Town reads I'm unsure on who it'd be. I'm still almost certain Krow is atleast Town.

We could, or you could stay on task and play the game instead of whatever you're currently doing. Just a thought.
Friend, I am playing the game. If you will allow a weird flex, I would bet a small to medium amount of money that I have played more games of mafia than the rest of you combined, including the mod.

Just let me test that I can post links and upload files to make sure I don't have more of my posts get eaten. I am not derailing. I will post reads and progress this game, I wouldn't have agreed to be a replacement if I didn't think I would be capable of doing so.

Friend, I am playing the game. If you will allow a weird flex, I would bet a small to medium amount of money that I have played more games of mafia than the rest of you combined, including the mod.

Just let me test that I can post links and upload files to make sure I don't have more of my posts get eaten. I am not derailing. I will post reads and progress this game, I wouldn't have agreed to be a replacement if I didn't think I would be capable of doing so.

Right, do what you like then. Give me a reads list by the end of tomorrow instead and I'll leave it be.

And with what Krow is softing, if he isn't town then I'm pretty sure there would be a counterclaim. Also agree that I don't think Krow would pull a crazy move like this back to back as scum, since the previous game is so fresh on people's minds. Not to mention that this just feels like town Krow to me. He seems to aggressively go after certain people when he's town and doesn't let up on that.
Do people agree with Minish's assessment of Krow's play? If yes, I'll prob just hardclear him.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Do people agree with Minish's assessment of Krow's play? If yes, I'll prob just hardclear him.
I wouldn't really trust what revealed scum says about anybody. Frankly he could very well be mafia role blocker. I wouldn't hard clear him just yet.

I'm not saying we ought to lynch him anytime soon of course, just something to keep in mind that nothing is 100% certain until it's flipped. I'm perfectly willing to keep him around until there's actual reason to suspect him though.

Stormageden747

Zofian General

images

Mate, i love fire emblem, but as someone said earlier please stay on topic. We do allow jokes in mafia games as long as they aren't rule breaking in anyway and they relate to the game in some way. Of course jokes are and should always be used sparsely in a mafia game. You seem pretty cool though.

towny
gumball- approaching the game in a townie way imo. Quoting minish's reads list and giving a theory on where the wolves are in the list is a really good take imo, shows townie solviness. He reminds me of someone I don't have the luxury of playing mafia with enough, and with a few short proddy posts, I just think he's probably town.

krey- obvtown but beyond that, is thinking (esp in relation to his sister's actions) in a townie way. Wolves can rarely maintain that kind of thought, and while its probably easier here where you can post less in a day, I'd give him a townread just for that. If he's a wolf, he's done a few interesting things that I tbh think should reward the wolfteam. Is powerwolfing if a wolf and I don't meet too many powerwolfs on forums like ZD.

moe- *wink* /for now/

pen- very slim townread for his reasoning behind the ALiT vote in post #137. Feels like something he didn't make up as a wolf. tbh I could probably drop him back down to null.

null
stormageden- idk I def need to shore up my read here. Remember his(?) posts the least out of everyone except doc, who I almost completely forgot about. The one thing I can maybe stretch into a read with him is that hammering Hero seems like he actually got that conclusion wrt ALiT proving himself but its v weak.

doc- no clue couldn't even bull**** something if I tried.

wolfy
sms- rubbing me the wrong way with his hot takes but tbh I don't really know why. Weak scumlean. Just feels like he's saying words without doing anything. The line of "I'm still almost certain Krow is town" or w/e at the end of post 243 feels like a scummy add on to a reads post.

less important stuff
I had a bunch of bull**** on Moe that read like this:
feels like ur just saying words this game without believing them, especially in like post #131 where you mention alternatives. Just feels like words and while people are right that your short posts without reasoning tend to be very "Moe-ish," I think I have developed enough meta on you to know when you believe what you're saying and what you're believing.
but nvm one Moe /for now/

gumball/sms probably not wolf/wolf for swinging the vote onto hero when it was a t/t wagon. Wolves tend to be separate from one another, and I don't see a reason why the wolves would go out of their way to decide between two towns like that.

mafia might not necessarily have a poisoner, it could be like an SK that has to poison people wrt Krow's post in #221.

tbh Krow it really feels like Mask didn't push you into making that role claim, either you slipped up as town or made a very calculated play as scum, but I don't think your claim is anywhere near his(?) hands.

if doc is a wolf, I think sms calling doc out for hiding in the shadows this late in the game feels like a callout on a partner, so I think that they could make sense as a wolfteam.

Before bed, I'll try to do an analysis of that dead mafia's reads list and maybe do some isos on some people that I'd like to solidify my reads on.

ps how do I vote sms? I wanna do that.

Pen

The game is on!
I'm really tired and I need to go to bed because it's 6 AM but I managed to read through the day so far and I will respond to a few things before I hit the hay. Expect some more insight from me tomorrow.

Impossible, I targeted Minish last night so she couldn't have used her ability. If we had a Poison Doctor, then they must have a Poisoner right? But if my ability didn't stop her, then they must also have a Roleblocker? I'm confused here.

It's not uncommon for the Mafia to have a Roleblocker.

Now, I think I understand ALIT's ability. He must have been able to decipher messages and turn them into abilities, then distributed them to us overnight. I'm assuming this because I receive a one shot ability last night. Perhaps my sister received a one shot vig and took out ALIT thinking he was a liar? It's a stretch of a theory but it's all I can fathom from this.

You've seemed very keen throughout today to clear yourself. Almost in a desperate way. Admittedly you are leaning Town for me. Not "obvtown" however.

Which we all have SMS to thank for his persistence. Kudos for your insistence on my supposed kill of Minish.

I don't know if it was intentional so I wont vote just yet. But you are definitely not making things easy.

Don't blame someone else for your choice and act in role claiming. Whether or not you claimed deliberately it was ultimately you who did it and you who had control over it.

also waiting to hear from pen and moe but i don't expect to see pen till tomorrow because timezones.

You underestimate my sleeping schedule! :time:

16nu2z.jpg

Town

Krow - Pretty obvious explanation for this one since I've been stating why most of the day. But just as a little recap, his soft is believable and he's just been acting like he does as town.

Pendio - Also touched on this a little in my last reply. I used to have a really hard time reading Pendio (and still probably don't have a really great grasp), but I've found his play to be like his typical town play. In which he has a calm, almost methodical approach to things. It's almost is like he talks a certain way when town.

Moe - Seems like usual, though haven't seen him as scum yet. But he seems to be really trying to help town out. Especially with how he started the day, that doesn't seem like a way scum would approach it.

Flora - Has been forming solid opinions and looks to be actively scum hunting without relying too much on others. And besides Alit (who is under a lot of suspicion himself), she was the first to really push Hero.

Gumball - This one may be just more of a 'gut feeling', but LG seems like her usual self this day. Albeit maybe a little quieter than usual, but I feel like she would actually be posting more as scum because she has wanted to roll it for so long. Lol.

Neutral
Storma - Didn't post much day 1, and while he has stepped up with the posting today it hasn't really told me much. He seems to just go with the majority. But he has slipped by like this as scum before. It's just really hard to tell with Storma.

SMS - He seems to be doing some cwac stuff, which is usually why I find him scummy. He hasn't done anything to overtly scummy this time though, so I'm a little uncertain about him. I think his playstyle makes it hard for me to ever town read him until potentially late game.

Leaning scum
Doc - Has been laying low, which isn't unusual for his scum or town game. But something about him this time is giving me more scum Doc vibes. Maybe it's because his posts (the couple that have some real thoughts in them) seem a bit more certain than usual and also kinda like he's not paying much attention to the game.

Mido - he hasn't chimed in at all today, and I was already feeling a little iffy of him by the end of the previous day. He actually had quite a bit to say then, so it's odd he hasn't said anything today. But looking at the Deku votes, his looks like one of the worst. He broke the tie between Alit and Deku, didn't give much of a reason for voting Deku, and then said he didn't have a concrete opinion on Alit yet as he was weighing how he viewed Alits vote on Deku (who he also voted).

Scum
(If anyone wants clarification on these two, I'll post them, but seeing as a lot of my posts have contained my suspicions on Alit and the last post was about my suspicions on Hero, I feel like my thoughts on them have been pretty clear).

Alit

Hero

I'm coloring this list with the colors of the peeps we know the alignment of, and then I'll talk about the remainder of the peeps and what I think Minish's opinions on them mean. (I won't color Mido green even tho I know he was town cuz that'd be a savage thing to do).

Immediately, I am struck by how similar the mafia's townreads are to my own townreads. Gumball pointed this player out as a #confirmedbuser, so that makes me feel good about myself rn.

We know that both of the people in her(?) scumreads were town, so we at least know she wasn't hardbusing her team. Going through each of her reads individually, I feel like:

The read on Krow could be on a scum teammate, especially one that has set up a fakeclaim for as long as Krow has, but it just kinda doesn't feel like that to me. "Pretty obvious" is a phrase that I think wolves rarely use when townreading their teammates, so I'll say that this looks slightly good for Krow, and I'll add it to the list of things I like about Krow thus far, at risk of being hilariously wrong.

The line of "its almost like he talks a certain way as town" really throws me. I don't really know what to do with this read on Pendio, unfortunately. I could squeeze something out but I wouldn't feel very confident in it.

The read on Moe just feels like a scum knows that Moe is town, lmao.

The read on Gumball kinda feels like TMI, I don't know if Minish would actually base a townread off of expecting someone to post more as scum, it feels kind of strange and very weak reasoning to me. I think this looks good for Gumball.

the read on Storma really means nothing so I can't really do anything with it aside from say that if she is known for busing, she could've fairly easily said "hey, do more, dummy, enjoy the scumread LOL" on her partner kinda like she could've potentially done on SMS or on Doc. its a stretch tho.

idk what cwac stuff is, and I don't know how it differs from being overtly scummy. Tbh, this is probably Minish's weirdest on the list, and it seems like she is trying to say something that I don't really understand.

Mentioning that it feels like Doc isn't really paying attention is a classic "hey, do more, dummy, enjoy the scumread LOL" read that scum like to drop on their afk partners, as moe can somewhat ascertain happened in the most recent game I played in. I think this read looks bad for Doc, grouped with my initial assessment of the game + the fact that this player is known for busing.

I think its a bit unfair of me to read her interpretation of mido here, no?

I think that Minish's reads list looks really good for Moe (unfortunately for my gut) and Gumball, with bonus points for Krow.

I think it looks bad for Doc and kinda not great for SMS.

I do think its interesting that neither of her hard scum were scum, and I think that means that Doc and SMS look slightly less worse off, since we know she wasn't busing.

tbh I feel more confident in voting for doc than I do for SMS considering that read on Doc from Minish
enjoy the hall pass, SMS

vote: Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom