• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How important are your Zelda memories to you?

As Zelda fans we've been through a lot, we survived the end of the world in Majora's Mask, travelled through time to become the hero we needed to be and sailed vast oceans full of secrets...

We've also had to endure delays and bad games...

But how important are all of your Zelda memories to you?

Do you think about them often, do they rate high on your all time gaming memories?

Are you glad you experienced them?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Always been happy to experience a zelda game bar one......Zelda II may it be forever cursed...... and i won't deny they formed a pretty large part of my childhood, i actually think zelda is the main reason why when it comes to games i have such good memory.

I have only one Zelda memory that I rate high. It’s the songs from OoT. Not saying other memories suck. Simply there are no other Zelda memories. After OoT I briefly tried MM but after that it took 20 years before I played Zelda. I’m glad that I experienced OoT and have memories from it because otherwise I don’t think I would be playing Zelda games now. Fond memories from OoT were the main reason why I wanted to try BotW which made me a zelda fan.

All time best videogame memory is either Saria’s Song or Song of Time or when I beat Sonic 2 with my friend.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
lets just say there's a reason wind waker and twilight princess still remain to be my favorite ones in the series, beyond them just being good games anyway
I guess if we're ranking memories, then they're easily some of my most valued, probably wouldn't even be on this site otherwise

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hell yes my memories of my beloved Zelda games are important to me. I enjoy every memory to be honest. Some ememories fade faster than others but I still cherish them even when the game sucked in my opinion. I got very fond memories of the first time I played OoT, TP, WW, BotW and ALBW. They stand out the most (the memories)

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
My Zelda memories are extremely important to me!

I was 8 years old when OOT was released on the N64. My older brother and I have always been close, and a huge part of my childhood involved watching him play video games and him teaching me how to play. Those are some of my fondest memories from my childhood. I remember attempting to play, but usually I just ended up riding around on Epona and visiting the various areas in the game.

Majora’s Mask was the same, watching my brother and his friends play on the N64. I was fascinated by that game but also very intimidated by it. I’m still not very good at MM but it’s an amazing game.

Wind Waker always makes me think of hot summer days, I didn’t get the game until the summer of 2003 and I remember being so happy to be on vacation from school and having hours upon hours to dedicate to the game. The music from the game always takes me back to those days even now.

Twilight Princess was the last LoZ game that my brother and I played together, and he lost interest about halfway through the game as he had started to grow out of video games. The memories I have of us playing the first half of the game together are great, though. We used to switch off so that we could actively play the game together. My brother is an amazing artist and he drew the Gamecube game cover for me while we were playing, I wish I still had it..

I got BOTW in May of 2017 for my Wii U. That was probably the worst time in my life, when I lost my Sarah. A few weeks after I lost her, I finally started the game up at the end of May to try to get myself out of my depression. Unfortunately I’ll probably always relate BOTW to that awful time in my life, but part of me does look at my experience of the game at that specific time in a positive light. I dedicated all of my free time to playing that game and I truly lost myself in it. It really helped me to stay focused on something positive and I was just in complete awe over the game’s graphics and massive world.

And those are the memories that stand out the most when it comes to LoZ, which I’ll always hold close to my heart. LoZ has been a huge part of my life for almost 20 years now and it’s incredibly special to me, and always will be.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
billy Joel songs were playing while i played windwaker so when I hear Billy Joel, Windwaker vibe....

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Wind Waker always makes me think of hot summer days, I didn’t get the game until the summer of 2003 and I remember being so happy to be on vacation from school and having hours upon hours to dedicate to the game. The music from the game always takes me back to those days even now.
did you ever have access to a gba and link cable? my brother hardly played games w/ me at all after a certain point, but one of the few things we did play together when I was younger was co op wind waker via the tingle tuner, we even managed to find the first tingle statue in dragon roost cavern

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
did you ever have access to a gba and link cable? my brother hardly played games w/ me at all after a certain point, but one of the few things we did play together when I was younger was co op wind waker via the tingle tuner, we even managed to find the first tingle statue in dragon roost cavern
Had a GBA (still have it, actually..) but never had a link cable, so I never used the Tingle Tuner unfortunately. That sounds awesome, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom