• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread VFD Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Also speaking of which, Minish, would you mind giving us your thoughts on everyone so far in a mega post? I kinda made sure you didn't last game. :shrugs:

I actually have started forming some thoughts for a reads list. Just gotta reread some stuff and I'll probably post it later tonight.

Vote: Morbid Minish

This is where I want to start today. Given what I know, I feel like her entrance into the thread today is odd unless she believes she was lied to during the night.

I'm the Town Decoder. I can send messages to a player every night as well as receive messages from others. My messages are anonymous. I sent Minish a message last night saying that I was town. I thought she would come in today and at least ponder that, so I find her not mentioning it at all odd.

Okay, well now I'm even more confused. Doesn't it seem likely I would hint at that or bring it up somehow in my initial post instead of greatly leaning towards trusting Krow? Even if I didn't believe what you had sent, I would still hold out some doubt. But I actually didn't receive anything last night.

And tbh, that seems to bolster Krow's claim, because if he's telling the truth and you're telling the truth, I wouldn't have received what you sent.

As to the claim, I'm torn. Decoder does seem like a real role, due to the nature of the game. But seeing as some of the villains in ASoUE were in VFD originally, scum could potentially have a decoder to intercept messages. Really, I could see it leaning either way.

Pen

The game is on!
We don't have the full picture of the night yet. Someone else must have blocked a mafioso. Whoever the other person that was blocked is the wolf.

That is one possibility. Though with a game as small as this one it seems unlikely that there would be two anti-Mafia Roleblockers. Another possibility is that we're dealing with an inactive Mafia group that didn't meet the deadline for the target. Or, of course, you could be fake claiming.

That is one possibility. Though with a game as small as this one it seems unlikely that there would be two anti-Mafia Roleblockers. Another possibility is that we're dealing with an inactive Mafia group that didn't meet the deadline for the target. Or, of course, you could be fake claiming.

You're right. There probably isn't another town roleblocker. But there most likely is a doctor. I think that person should remain hidden for now. But the most likely explanation is that they saved the correct target last night.

Pen

The game is on!
You're right. There probably isn't another town roleblocker. But there most likely is a doctor. I think that person should remain hidden for now. But the most likely explanation is that they saved the correct target last night.

Right. That somehow slipped my mind actually for some reason. That's definitely a possibility. Hmm... What a situation this is.

I would love to hear more on the matter from everybody.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
If ALiT is fakeclaiming we wouldn't know because he was blocked. It's possible he's telling the truth, he is a decoder, and the reason there was no nightkill is because the Doctor did protect the right player rather than ALiT being scum, making a kill, and Krow blocked it. Alternatively, it could be that Krow did stop ALiT from making a kill and this is a really good fakeclaim from ALiT. It's hard to say.

Something I recall from earlier was Moe suggesting he had some kind of info to add. I'm not seeing anything from his other posts from after that seems like he added anything.

I was going to say something but you need to elaborate on this before I say my bit

Lily

Mischievous Minx
There's also the chance that ALIT is scum and is trying to get the doctor to respond to him. I really don't know how to look at this situation, but I'm inclined to believe my brother's claim.

Although with their little spat yesterday, you'd think the scum team would've pitted them against each other by killing one of them last night and pinning the blame on the other or something along those lines. Weird that neither died, but maybe I'm over imagining it and the scum team afk'd.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
There's also the chance that ALIT is scum and is trying to get the doctor to respond to him. I really don't know how to look at this situation, but I'm inclined to believe my brother's claim.

IDK about trying to find the doctor, he specifically said for them to be quiet about it. A doctor existing is very probable, and I was going to comment on that until I saw he mentioned their likely existence. Not sure about his claim though, I'll look into this a bit more when I get home and can read these in something other than a phone. It sounds like it's safe to lynch him tonight and see how he flips. If he's town, Krow's next on the chopping block, and I think Minish should be considered. Otherwise, we've found someone who's basically gauranteed town, and killed one of the mafia

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
All the possibilities have already been discussed so I haven't really got anything to say so much anymore.
What i would like is some roleblocking clarification from the host. Do we know for sure that targeting any one of the mafia team will block the nightkill? @host

My chief concern is that wolves did not submit a kill and we end up hanging 2 humans which is a tremendous waste of kills and time. My gut is giving me a bad feeling about this but due to my role I'm really more of a supporting player this game and I believe town in general needs to be proactive in resolving these kinds of situations

I think overall the best course of action is to lynch alit today and if there is in fact a guardian in this game stay under the radar until you can claim two confirmed townies, perhaps in lylo

There's another alternative that hasn't yet been considered- someone might have a bulletproof vest. I hate to keep adding controversy to the situation but we do need to keep it in mind.

I also think I should point out that we should come back and look at everyone's reactions when alit flips.

vote: a link in time

I think krow's claim is true. But his conclusion about me being scum is false. It has to be that someone else was protected tonight. At least we can then enter Day 3 with potentially 3 people clear if said person waits until tomorrow to claim. But I think that would still be risky and too early to do so.

Although with their little spat yesterday, you'd think the scum team would've pitted them against each other by killing one of them last night and pinning the blame on the other or something along those lines. Weird that neither died, but maybe I'm over imagining it and the scum team afk'd.

Actually this makes me think the possibility of a doctor is decent. They may have targeted me or ALIT while thinking exactly what you just said, and countered the scum kill. That being said, the doctor's actions would be the key here, and could contest ALIT's innocence and a major misunderstanding. Without any proof of anything, I'm hesitant to remove my vote.

IDK about trying to find the doctor, he specifically said for them to be quiet about it. A doctor existing is very probable, and I was going to comment on that until I saw he mentioned their likely existence. Not sure about his claim though, I'll look into this a bit more when I get home and can read these in something other than a phone. It sounds like it's safe to lynch him tonight and see how he flips. If he's town, Krow's next on the chopping block, and I think Minish should be considered. Otherwise, we've found someone who's basically gauranteed town, and killed one of the mafia

Why would I be next Hero? If the contradictions are true, that just means the scum side was blocked by the apparent doctor. That or the scum did nothing last night which I find hard to believe. Don't get too eager to lynch innocent people, it makes you sound scummy.

Vote: HeroOfTime

I think he's been reaching for low hanging fruit. I also think lynching down me and then krow is a losing strategy as his claim is believable even though he himself didn't prevent the kill. Mafia never fake claims like that on Day 2 for one lynch.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Vote: HeroOfTime

I think he's been reaching for low hanging fruit. I also think lynching down me and then krow is a losing strategy as his claim is believable even though he himself didn't prevent the kill. Mafia never fake claims like that on Day 2 for one lynch.
Looks at Krow Day 2 last game.

Jokes aside, I don't think that's what Krow is doing this game. Unlike his past claim, Krow softed roleblocker and didn't allude to any other abilities to make it sound different from any other town roleblockers. It is a common role that would have likely been counterclaimed.

I'm the Town Decoder. I can send messages to a player every night as well as receive messages from others. My messages are anonymous. I sent Minish a message last night saying that I was town. I thought she would come in today and at least ponder that, so I find her not mentioning it at all odd.

This post by ALiT makes me lean towards their claim being believable as well. He seemed actually confused that Minish wouldn't have brought up his message (before realizing it would have been blocked).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom