• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Ultimate Valentine’s Tournament! <3

funnier6

Courage~
Welcome to the ZD Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Valentine’s Tournament! I’m your returning host, funnier6. Instead of kissing and talking about our feelings, we’re gonna SMASH! This thread is where you sign up, read the rules, and post results from each match. You wanted it, you got it, this tournament will have items off. From now on the tournament will alternate to every other month, and item rules will also alternate every other tournament. I wanted this tournament to be team battles, but that’ll only happen if we get like 8 or 16 people. The winner of this tournament will receive our supah cool smash ball medal (
15_1424335237l.jpg
) plus 1000 rupees. Second place will receive 500 rupees and third will receive 250 rupees. Below are the specific rules and details. Please read them before signing up.

Format
◦ Bracket style
◦ Best two out of three
◦ Roughly 4 days per round
Rules
◦ This will be the standard rule set:
▪ 3 stock battle
▪ 8 minute stock timer
▪ Spirits OFF
▪ Final Smash Meter ON
▪ Items OFF
▪ Handicap OFF
▪ Stage hazards ON

◦ In the case of the match timer running out, the player with more stocks wins. If stocks are the same, then whoever survives sudden death wins.
◦ All fighters are allowed. (red or pink alts are preferred. Show your love while showing your fists )

Match Procedure

1 Rules for the arena are set to the above.
2 Both participants set preferred stage to Random.
3 Both participants choose a fighter.
4 Participants will fight until one of them wins two matches. NO RULES OR FIGHTERS WILL CHANGE BETWEEN MATCHES.
5 Both participants take a screenshot of the victory screen to provide proof of the victor in this thread. A TO will update the bracket accordingly.

Other Points

◦ Make sure your opponents areregistered as friends on your Switch. Check the Friend Code thread or get the codes directly from them.
◦ Be sure to have the latest update for your game downloaded and installed (version 2.0.0) so you can play online. You must also have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription, of course.
◦ If an opponent does not respond for setting up a time for the match for 36 hours, contact one of the TOs. We will attempt to contact the player too; if the player does not respond for another 24 hours, you will win the match by default.
◦ If a player is caught cheating or breaking the rules they will be disqualified.
▪ Cheating includes but is not limited too: unsportsmanlike play, excessive spamming, self-destructing on purpose, camping, stalling, and using any match rules outside of what is defined. @funnier6 or @Azure Sage may be spectating some matches, so play fair.

Eligible Bachelors/Bachelorettes:

1. Azure Sage
  2. Libk
  3. Attila the Pun
  4. Princess Niki
  5. A Link In Time
  6. Namira
  7. Krow
  8. Pen

Last edited:

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I'm down. Will make my schedule clear as well, I'm usually available between 4pm and 10pm est. Though Tuesdays and Wednesdays I might be at irl tournaments. Xanadu and a local bar started doing a weekly. And, hold me to this, I will respect whatever outcome regardless of lag.

Why not? I'll defend my belt. Also I have an idea.

You can seed me to the finale as a Champion match if you want? I get no rewards out of this match, other than seeing if people are getting better. If I win, my opponent still gets their Icon and Rupees, if I lose, I'll give them a gift of my own alongside their Icon and Rupees.

If you don't like this, I'll just join as a regular competitor.

Last edited:

funnier6

Courage~
Why not? I'll defend my belt. Also I have an idea.

You can seed me to the finale as a Champion match if you want? I get no rewards out of this match, other than seeing if people are getting better. If I win, my opponent still gets their Icon and Rupees, if I lose, I'll give them a gift of my own alongside their Icon and Rupees.

If you don't like this, I'll just join as a regular competitor.
This is fine, we’ll have it set as an exhibition match after the final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom