• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

To navigate or not

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So you need to go somewhere and you don't know where it is. Do you read maps? Or do you use maps on your phone or any kind of navigation? Or are you just following the signs on the road and see what'll happen when you'll get there and search the streets?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
If I'm traveling into unknown areas I'll use a map on my phone. I could use a GPS but I like having control over the route I'm going to go, I don't want to be told which way to go. The only time I'll use the GPS is if I hit traffic and I want to get a suggestion on an alternate route. Usually it'll detect the traffic jam and come up with an alternate route if possible.

Although I do seem to have a good sense of direction, I use my phone's GPS a lot when I need to go somewhere I havenot been before.
Before the journey, I want to roughly see where I need to go, and during the journey I use it almost constantly:
  • in the car: of course to know where to go and which exit to take in advance of the signs, but also to see upcoming crossing roads, check the course of the road and of course to avoid traffic jams.
  • in the bus: to know at what stop to get off the bus and to keep track of any possible diversions.
  • in the taxi: to check if the driver is not driving a ridiculous route to charge me more.
  • on the bike and on foot: primarily just to know where I need to go.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Phone pretty much all the way. It's the most accurate, you can see how far you have left, what seems like the best route to take and so forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom