• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is ignorance bliss when it comes to food?

Most of the time when we eat out we eat in places we trust or see to be clean and tidy, but we never get to see inside the actual kitchens...

Would you rather not know how and where the food is prepared when you eat at restaurants or do you always wanna be sure of the standards before you choose to eat there?

I'd rather not know. One of my old pig out spots had a food hygiene rating of 0 and their food was delicious. I never got poisoned. It went downhill when they got their rating up to 5.

o_O Life's funny like that sometimes.

Maaan, if the ZD got together, we'd have ourselves one helluva tasty potluck party. :lemmy:

Reactions: Dio

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I would normally tell you to go ahead and do something if it proves my point, but in this case, don't read the Jungle by Upton Sinclair if you haven't already. It was published in 1906 and changes have been made since, but that doesn't mean that everything is changed.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'd rather know personally if my food was being prepared in a dirty environment so I could stop eating there.

I am generally rest assured food standards in both Australia and Japan are high so I don't worry too much.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
seeing as how most restaurants in the US are subject to abide by the health codes and such, I don't worry much. I have no doubt, however, that a lot of restaurants find ways around this however. I guess I would like to know just so I could not go there again, but I think that those circumstances are few and far between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom