• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the furthest you traveled for a game?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I used to go on craigslist every now and then to find games. I slowly stopped going b/c I wasn't finding as much good stuff as I used to. Anyways, I was actually using craigslist before I even knew how to drive, so a lot of times I would head to the locations through buses or walking. My very first craigslist deal however, was honestly pretty dang far, at least for a high schooler who couldn't drive.

I saw a listing for Pokemon Silver [I just got into pokemon in that year], and saw that the location, while a bit far, seemed kinda straightforward, so I went ahead and set up the meeting. Man did I underestimate the distance, b/c first what I did was have my mom drive me to a certain location and figure I would just bus the rest. The location my mom dropped me off at took around 30 to 40 minutes alone. And the rest of the journey took almost 2 hours b/c I had to walk to find a bus stop for a good amount of time, realized the bus I was on was going on a different route, then had to walk the rest which I wanna say took almost an hour on its own. Best I can say is the meeting was at 6 pm and I left my house at 3, and I was still a bit late. From the walk off of the bus to the place itself, I like to refer that as my journey to the center of the earth, b/c man that took some time.As I was walking my way home, it was getting pretty dark and I was already tired from the initial trip so I just went ahead and called my dad to come get me, ha. I remember it was 8 pm when my dad got me, and yeah there was no way I was gonna be able to walk/bus the rest home.

All that for a dumb game boy game. Its kinda cool looking back at how much distance I covered for a late high schooler who couldn't drive. Have you guys made similar trips for something game related?

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
About 8 years ago, I drove an hour and a half to check out this retro game store. It was awesome- they had a huge selection of games for pretty much any system you could think of, plus a few old consoles set up with couches and comfy chairs for people to hang out and game. A few pinball machines too. I don’t remember what I bought that day, but I definitely grabbed a few things and then drove an hour and a half back. Totally worth it.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
There's only really one game that I searched out (KHII), and I only had to drive maybe 20 minutes to get there. It was good luck.
That said, I drove almost 400 miles (200 each way) in one day to get to a Blockbuster over the summer. Not for a game, but still pretty noteworthy.

Uh, there was that one time I guess on Hyrule Warrior's release day that it was sold out everywhere by the time I was able to get out to buy it. Had to call up Gamestops, but I think it was only like 20 miles away. Either way, that was still the furthest I went for a game. And, tbh, that would probably be my threshold.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
There used to be a videogame and comicbook store in the downtown area that I'd go to occassionally when I was younger. I used to buy games there sometimes, but I would mainly go there for the comicbooks. It was a 20 minute walk to the nearest bus stop, once on the bus it'd take like 20 minutes to get downtown. And then like a 10 minute walk from the bus stop to the store. I'd spend a little over 2 hours roundtrip going there.

You can't really travel far in the Netherlands (:
I did buy a SNS mini in Gran Canaria whilst they were out of stock everywhere. And way back I bought some GBA/DS games in Turkey.

Do games bought from abroad count too? I once bought a game from Australia because it was the only country that released the PAL version of a game. And bought a Chinese N64 PAL "reproduction" cartridge for a game that has never had a PAL release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom