• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hat in Time coming to Nintendo Switch

The developer previously has said Hat In Time will never come to Switch.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2..._time_travel_platformer_wont_leap_onto_switch

The developer has since deleted their tweet saying so.
It seems originally they didn't want to but for whatever reason they backflipped. Was it customer demand or the huge potential revenue on Switch? Who knows. But they did backflip. A good thing as it's a good game.

Of cause games like Mario Odyssey and Yooka-Laylee are objectively superior games, but Hat In Time is a cute 3D platformer. Sure Hat In Time is not without it's flaws, but at the right price I'll probably get it too.

Source: https://support.hatintime.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008320033-When-will-the-Switch-version-release-

As far as I know this is a recent thing. This is the first time I've heard them say anything apart from "we will never bring the game to Nintendo Switch". If they said it earlier I don't know. They did only recently update their website to reflect this.

This is the DLC and Switch announcement Trailer.
I have read them saying they wouldn't do it still late last year. So even though that trailer exists, I was not certain they would still go ahead with it. Though now we seem to have more evidence that this is actaually a thing. I'm glad it is, them ignoring the Switch, for whatever reasons is a bad business decision. There is money to be made on the eShop. Also with the right marketing push a lot of potential sales. As it's not a bad game. Not amazing either but well worth a purchase if you like 3D platformers.

What surprised me all that time ago was their previous hard anti Switch stance. Sure saying "we might or might not put it on Switch". Sure saying they'll only do it if it makes sense, well that makes sense. But being totally anti Nintendo despite all of the success that similar games have had on the platform is just baffling. That kind of game actually suits the Nintendo platform more than any other. I'm just glad they have finally seen sense and are actually going to do this.

Ive never been sure on this game. Plenty of people say it's good, including people i really trust, but this game has never looked 'finished' to me.

I'll maybe play it in the future if it goes really cheap on sale or something. I do wanna see what the fuss is about.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Ive never been sure on this game. Plenty of people say it's good, including people i really trust, but this game has never looked 'finished' to me.

I'll maybe play it in the future if it goes really cheap on sale or something. I do wanna see what the fuss is about.

You're very much in the right on this spirit, to me it is a VERY unfinished game, this comes from how ever now the devs are still tweaking main missions (or rather from when the Seal the Deal DLC came out) and the sheer amount of glitches that frequently pop up (anyone else just randomly slide through the window on th spaceship?)

It is a good game but i hope to christ Gears for Breakfast really polish it before it hits switch otherwise they are gonna get reamed more than the steamers do now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom