• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Alarm Clocks.....sleep through it, wake up before the thing even goes off

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Sorry @beste-spellen , I read your post in the what annoyed you today thread and your pain gave me an idea :P
So what about Alarm Clocks? Do you need to set them? Do you sleep throuh them all the time or do you usually wake up before the things even dare to go off? Or do you even need one at all?
I'm always awake before the thing goes off. It's only like 5 times a year when I wake up because of the sound screaming at me to get out of my lazy bed. The last time I slept through my alarm was 12 years ago and then I still managed to be in time for work. But I don't dare to turn off the timer when I go to sleep.
So what about you? Or does this thread set the timer off?

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I have to set 2 alarms cuz I have medicine that needs to be taken on an empty stomach so I get up and take it and then go back to bed for an hour. Only on work days though, non work days I let my bladder wake me up and if it's after 6 am I take it and go back to bed.

Well, an obvious answer for me: I need one. I let my TV turn on to the news, so I wake up from that. Then I generally fall asleep again. And then I wake up 15 minutes later from the tune from the news. Which for me is a sign to really get out of bed.

I sometimes do sleep through the alarm, but mostly that is caused by just getting too little sleep. I luckily have an office job with no set start and end times so nobody really cares if I arrive half an hour later... I'm really not a morning person: I have no problems going on until past midnight, but getting up before 7 is really difficult for me.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
If I set one, before it goes off, if not after it would of, so no I don't set one anymore, I'm currently unemployed so there is no penalty.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I use an alarm during school semesters. I was really good about getting up for a while but then I started staying up until 3-4 am every night and.i had classes at 8am. it was not a good combo. so I would sleep until my alarm went off, then turn it off and think about getting up but drift off to sleep again, only to be waken by my brother screaming at me 20 minutes later. thank goodness for my human alarm clock or I would be failing college :\

Ninja

Well well well
I have a habit of setting two alarms about 20 minutes apart. If I feel like getting up right away that means I have extra time in the morning to turn on the news. If I want that glorious feeling of just drifting back to sleep I’ll just get up at the second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom