• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dragon Ball Super Broly

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Never watched any Dragonball except I watched a couple of movies with friends. I am only excited to see this movie just because it will be a get together with friends. Maybe I should finally watch the anime at this point.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Never watched any Dragonball except I watched a couple of movies with friends. I am only excited to see this movie just because it will be a get together with friends. Maybe I should finally watch the anime at this point.
Watching Dragon ball is an important part of human culture

Dragon Ball Super Broly is amazing.

The movie has a heart that was missing for much of Super outside the Future Trunks arc. Yes, Paragus is a bit one-dimensional in seeking revenge on King Vegeta for exiling his son, but Broly himself feels so much more human than in the Z movies. I love his bonding with Cheelai. The backstory at the start of the movie is also extremely emotional. So glad we finally got to see Gine in anime form.

The humor in this movie is on point. My favorite examples are the transition from Bulma wanting to use the Dragon Balls to become five years longer to Frieza wanting to use the Dragon Balls to become five centimeters taller and Goku and Vegeta dragging Broly into Frieza to pummel him.

Shintani's new models breathe so much life into the fight scenes, which have amazing choreography. I love how the transformations in this have weight behind them. All of the transformations are a spectacle to behold. I love that we finally got Super Saiyan God Vegeta. Gogeta vs. Broly feels like a cage match spectacle with the chanting in the background. Though reusing the same fat/old fusion fails from the Buu arc was a bit lame.

My only complaints with the movie are Paragus dying in such a lame way, only Piccolo sensing Goku for some reason, the fusion gags, and the guy who traveled with Paragus to Vampa being killed so early on. But those are all minor nitpicks in an amazing movie overall.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I saw this movie Sunday and I also saw it again yesterday. I don’t think I have ever saw a movie in theater more than once before. Outstanding movie would watch again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom