• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you still watching Doctor Who?

Season 11 of Doctor Who has ended and it won't be back until 2020... but will you be back with it?

Personally I can't stand to watch the show anymore but what about you?

Are you still hanging on or have you given up and moved on?

I haven't seen an episode in years. I saw a couple of episodes when Capaldi was new, but that was it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No it's crap and has been crap since Russell T Davies and David Tennant Left. I have tried it with Matt, Peter and Jodie and I still don't like it.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Who the hemorrhaging **** thought the moron behind Dinosaurs on a Spaceship and Cyberwoman was a good choice? He was serviceable in Broadchurch, but a down to earth, human drama is very different than the grand spectacle of DW, and his talents don't translate worth a damn.

If Jodie had some good material, she'd probably shine, but as-is Thirteen just seems like a flat character.

Also, somebody needs to teach Chibnall how to write a coherent ending. "This supernova is creating a convenient vacuum tube the size of a small octopus, aren't I so clever, tee hee" is not a satisfying resolution to an episode. It's worse, because the setup (Dalek mind control) is genuinely creepy, and then it's just ruined by "they all lived happily ever after." The only good episode ending the whole season (in Rosa) wasn't even written by him, and it was still ruined by a ****ty pop song.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
im watching with doubts and confusion....i have questions that no ones answering....

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I stopped at the tail end of Matt Smith, but it's not really the shows fault. I kind of just lost interest, Matt Smith's seasons never really drew me in. I remember the whole "Clara is the most important girl in the universe" finale to be kinda meh and decided to call it quits.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Actually yes I still watch it. I might be one of the few who did enjoy this season actually. No, it's not as good as the first 4 seasons since the reboot in 2005. But I still enjoy it. I rewatched Capaldi's seasons a few weeks back and I liked his last season the most. No more drama queen Clara. That was so refreshing! This season was actually not as confusion as hell like the Smith/Capaldi years. Maybe they'll get better when they return in 2020.

Will still keep up with it, Eccleston was my favourite. Loved Tennant & Smith. Capaldi was terrific but had some low episodes. (The woman who lived is my least favourite episode of all time which is a shame because the first part was good).

Didn't hate Jodie's 1st season but disappointed at the delivery. Everything seemed very vanilla with no major stakes at any point. Not even a proper 2 part story to give the Doctor a challenge to overcome. It had some good episodes but even though they were enjoyable, they didn't have that classic doctor who feel.

I'm good with a change of pace and i don't mind the companions but they're gonna need to step up their game for the upcoming season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom