• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Lack of dungeons

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Yes! That is why I want a prequel to BOTW, but Majora's Mask Style (meaning reuse assets) with classic elements like dungeons and weapons. By prequel I mean tell the backstory of the Shiekah, Link and Zelda that beat the first Calamity Ganon 10,000 years ago. Also let us swim under water with the zora armor and not just up waterfalls.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Honestly there wasn't any difficulty in the actual game bar artificial difficulty introduced by player or by nintendo (running around with no armor or weps, Master Mode)
I do miss the dungeons they tried to replace them with shrines and as a concept they work but as an actual thing they fall so far short.

I dont like dungeons in Zelda so ibwas pretty happy there were only four main ones and that they werent very long (I did Medoh in 15minutes).

The quality of these dungeons weren't very good though.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
not gonna lie,it felt kinda cool to go into a 3d zelda dungeon for the first time, but then I got stuck and remembered why I hated them in the first place
im glad there's only 4

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I don't even consider the Divine Beasts dungeons. They're too short and too simple. They're just slightly longer shrines in my eyes. Breath of the Wild's lack of dungeons was the main thing that killed the game for me. Dungeons are my favourite part of Zelda and not having any made it hard to want to play the game at all.

People often say this sort of thing when a large open world gets a revamp of some kind. It is definitely true of this game that there werent many dungeons. I guess the amount of effort it takes to build this massive open world and an engine that can support it took a lot of effort that it took away from the content they could produce for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom