• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros When did you start beating level 9 CPU's

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

What's the highest CPU you have beat?

Votes: 8 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• I don't play Smash

• Total voters

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
When you are lonely and refuse to pay for online mode, you get well acquainted with the AI in Smash. with skill rankings 1-9, its a good way of seeing how you compare with others you know who play the game. we all remember (maybe) the first time we beat a level 9. it is quite an achievement for a casual gamer. the first time I beat a lvl 9 was midway through Smash 4, (I didn't really play smash too much before that game) I was super proud. then all my friends informed me of how easy level 9s were. Smash ultimate came, it took me a few days to figure out the physics and the controls/movesets but I just beat one about four days ago and its getting easier, however I must say that the cpu in Ultimate is very good.

When did you first start beating level 9's and if you have not yet, what's the highest you have beaten so far?

I have fought level 9 CPUs in every Smash game until Smash Wii U and 3DS in which I never went above level 5 because i didn't play it much.

I can play against and beat level 9 opponents in Smash Ultimate but I really don't enjoy it and I cant see myself going above level 5 in future if I just wanna have fun in the game.

At level 9 I find the CPU spammy and cheap and just overall frustrating.
Smash at its core is a casual game and a game more like Mario Kart, in that it wants you to just have fun and most of it will be based on luck.

There is already so much i dont like in Ultimate that i'm not gonna spoil the basic Smash fights by fighting against level 9 opponents.

Last edited:
There is already so much i dont like in Ultimate that i'm not gonna spoil the basic Smash fights by fighting against level 9 opponents.
You're probably not going to get every one of the challenges done then. That's fine, as many people don't care about them. The 9.9 classic one is one of the worst to do. I can get 9.8 but 9.9 is a real ***** and takes luck as well as a ton (as in like 20) smash tickets to beat the final fight at that difficulty. Most of the characters that are possible (but still super tough) to make 9.9 at the end have a stupidly hard final battle at that difficulty. I haven't done it yet.

You're probably not going to get every one of the challenges done then. That's fine, as many people don't care about them. The 9.9 classic one is one of the worst to do. I can get 9.8 but 9.9 is a real ***** and takes luck as well as a ton (as in like 20) smash tickets to beat the final fight at that difficulty. Most of the characters that are possible (but still super tough) to make 9.9 at the end have a stupidly hard final battle at that difficulty. I haven't done it yet.

Yeah i dont care about the. Dont care for the game much in general to be honest.

As for the 9.9 run. I havent used any of my free hammers yet so i'll just use it on that.

Ninja

Well well well
I started at 5 when I first got the game, then gradually increased the difficulty. I can successfully defeat the level 9's, however my main difficulty preference is 7 as it can be challenging and not too frustrating at the same time.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Every smash game I make it my goal to be able to beat level 9's relatively easy, and each game I have been able to hold my own against them.
Reminds me of the 64 days with what my friends called the Falcon Challenge; you vs a team of three level 9 captain falcons. We could've sworn they were learning at one point.
As of now though I play around level 5 and working my way back up

Quin

Disaster Master
Way back in smash 64 days and I havn't had trouble beating lvl 9's since. Maybe its because I mostly play alone anyway. Online isn't for me, I hate button lag and I can play my rules offline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom