• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you give blood or donate money to charities?

I used to donate blood, because it doesn't cost me anything (except for an hour of my time) and it can potentially help save someone's life. Do you donate? Can you suggest some reliable organizations with direct donations?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I don’t donate blood as I am not eligible.

As for charity, I like to donate to Ronald McDonald House Charity because they very much helped my family whilst my cousin was passing from a brain tumor and I’ve seen the important work they do for people. I’m pretty hesitant to give to charities I’m not very well aware of though.

Once I donated blood to the Central Blood Bank. I think it's great that I can help those who really need help. Now I try to donate to orphans and to the local food bank on a daily basis. I always do some research into where the money goes to find a trustworthy charity.

Last edited:

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I only give out money cuz I can barely handle blood draws at the Doctor's office, no way my body can handle the donation process.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I donate blood whenever I can. My school has them pretty regularly and I'm usually good about having my blood drawn. Because its not an overall negative experience and I'm eligible to donate, I see no reason to not. It is potentially life saving.

I've never given blood but I've been able to give a little to charities (sort of), I volunteered at a homeless shelter/kitchen and the food bank, so I guess I donated with food.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
i would donate blood, if knew my blood type and knew of a place nearby that actually offered to do this

as for donating to charity, i had the pleasure of working with one of them for 2 months a long time ago and they soured me on the whole thing, they got furniture donations and trashed quite alot of good stuff that needed marginal repair work (handles on drawers, a bit of rewiring) which they would do on really damaged things anyway.

I don't see the point of donating to charity in terms of cash anymore due to the money not winding up in anyones hands but the asses that run them

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I never donated blood.

I used to donate money at charities until I found out the money wasn't spend well and the people who were supposed to get it, never got the money at all. And the last couple of years there are so much charities I don't trust them anymore. The only charity I'm still donating money to is the WNF (Worl Wildlife Fund).

Ninja

Well well well
We give to St Jude’s, Wounded Warrior, volunteer at our local animal shelter, and do mini care packages for the homeless around town.

We’ve nearly been there at some point and we have learned that we take so many small things for granted.

Giving is the best self therapy.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I don't give money to charities because I don't trust them to actually do what they say they will.

I do give blood, although I haven't donated for a many months now. I've been giving blood since 2008 and it's something I enjoy. You get to lie down in a comfy bed-chair thing, you get a free cup of tea and some biscuits, and I like watching the bags of blood fill up and rock back and forth in the little cradles they put them in.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have never given any blood.

I have given money to charity before but I don't do so regularly and I volunteered at a charity before too. I was fighting poverty with a price gun.

Sometimes I give to a hobo directly if they ask me and I am carrying change. I don't usually carry it though.

I do not give blood because I am not allowed to.
I do give to charity on infrequent basis, but I prefer to give goods/time instead of money because you are never sure whether or not your money ends up in the right places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom