• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Disney live action films; yay or nay?

Disney are doing this thing at the moment where they're remaking their old animated films into live action films.

Do you like the live action films, do you think they're necessary or do you find them tacky cash grabs?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
No god no. This is horrific

There can only be one Genie and yet they want to remake that
There can only be one Lion King.

I get they want to make the movies available for the latter day kids but for gods sake don't replace the actors. Or better yet just don't update the films give them to us as a product of their time, they were bloody glorious then and still are to this day

Pen

The game is on!
All I have to say is that I thoroughly enjoyed their live action adaptation of The Jungle Book, and if future remakes can be as good as that one I'll be very satisfied. :)

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
No! No! The toons are the classics they cant remake Dumbos mummys in the cage sinfing her love for dumbo... omg im crying thinking about it ...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yay and Nay I guess. Some of them I didn't like such as Cinderella. I found that to be a bore. Others I found to be good like Beauty and The Beast, one of my favourite animated disney films. They didn't need to remake it live action and it was fine the way it was but I enjoyed it anyway as I would rewatching the original. I even found The Jungle Book better than the original.

Then we have The Lion King coming out which I think is kind of pointless. It's not live action it's just really well animated CGI animals rather than cartoon ones. They even brought back the original Mufasa but Jeremy Irons was the best as Scar and I don't see how anyone else can do a better job.

Then we also have Aladdin which I think could work as a live action but without Robin I am sure the genie can't live up.

Nay, huge cash grabs and little effort for originality. I've never been big into Disney movies, but many are decent and don't need to be recreated in any way, they're fine the way they are. I also dislike how they make the live action versions a Tim Burton type experience, like a "cute/creepy/dark/childish" kind of thing with a terrible mix of live action and CGI. I dislike Burton's creations too, it's all just awful and needs to be stopped.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The only one I've seen is Beauty and the Beast and I didn't care for it. The original versions are classics and will remain the only versions I care about. What I didn't like about Beauty and the Beast was that they autotuned the hell out of it with many of the songs, particularly when Emma Watson was singing, and to me it was too noticable.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I'm not a fan. I wouldn't say I have anything against them, but the Lion King one is ****ing stupid and Will Smith looks like he's going to be an embarrassment as the Genie.

I just don't think any of them are necessary. The original animated versions are still incredibly iconic. It's not like they need to do remakes to introduce a new generation to these films since they've been re-releasing them all for 20–30 years, keeping the branding up-to-date. There hasn't been a little girl born since 1989 who doesn't love the Disney princesses at some point in her childhood. So why do we need the same stories done in a less visually iconic and pleasing manner? Who will prefer this new, ugly, realistic Lion King to the Disney classic? Which will look better twenty years from now?

I don't know, it just seems like an idea some low level exec had at a board meeting one day to fill an awkward silence and an elder higher up type decided it was worth going for and now they're doing a ****ing Dumbo movie and Lady and the Tramp because they're running out of humans. If they just kept it to the likes of Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and Mulan then I wouldn't find it so stupid. I'll probably go see Mulan. Mulan kicks butt.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Disnich is straight out of ideas. This is all they've got. Especially after making the world's most marketable movie franchise unmarketable.

Poor Walt's spinning in his grave at what these braindead hacks have done to his company.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Hell No, Live action remakes of Disney animated films is complete blasphemy, Disney needs to realize art isn't all about money, art is all about passion.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I just wanna remember Disney for Winnie the Pooh Mickey mouse and PotC ;__; Not for ****ty movies like Beauty and the Beast, Lion King and especially Alice through the Looking Glass.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Sometimes. The live action Disney remakes are are their best when they aren't trying to be remakes. The only one I think stands apart from the others and tries to be its own thing is Maleficent, which is less of a remake and more of a contextualization of the story from the perspective of a new character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom