• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

First impressions of Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee

Now what Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are out on the wild, what are your first impressions?

Are you loving it?

If you were on the fence has it changed your mind or do you hate it as much as you thought you would?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I don't own the switch or the game but i do like the idea it has the Pokemon mechanics when it comes to catching, i think it'd feel like your more involved in the capture process than a button press and waiting.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I don't have it either, but I was watching a Lets Play earlier, and while I'm not a fan of the catching mechanics (or more accurately the lack of wild battling), as a whole it does feel like a well-made game. I like the free-roaming wild Pokemon a la Paper Mario especially. A great change. I wouldn't mind if the mainline games took a few hints from this one - so long as they kept regular wild battles intact.

I haven't gotten to play this too much yet, though I'm enjoying what I've seen of it so far. Caught an ekans today and I'm super happy about that. <3

My biggest complaint is the pokemon organization. Pokemon GO's organization really drove my OCD nuts because its just like a really messy wall of pokemon (and the sorting options can't be done in priorities or anything) so Let's Go's is obviously kind of going to overwhelm me in that same respect. Hopefully I can figure out a way to break down the organization in a way that it's more manageable.

But I actually don't mind this watered down, simplified approach at all. I mean, it's different, but I think they did a pretty good job at hybridizing the GO mechanics with the core series' mechanics. Just... gyro controls in handheld while playing sitting in a rocking recliner is not good idea... whoopsie.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Picked up the Eevee version, and that seems to be the norm on the forum. It's been fun looking through Kanto, and it knows how to do presentation, especially the opening.

I need to get the whole "throw the pokeball" down still. Sometimes I'm right on target, while other times I'm somehow lobbing the ball towards the opposite side of the screen from the Pokemon. Also, Mr. Mime. Stay still you slippery, scary man. I just want you for my Pokedex, and if a Chansey was kind enough to let me catch it with a Pokeball, why can't you get the memo??? I didn't even comment on the fact about how the two of you I've seen were female, so your name doesn't quite fit, so be a sport, stop hopping around like a mad man and stay in the damn ball :ananger:

I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Picked up the Eevee version, and that seems to be the norm on the forum. It's been fun looking through Kanto, and it knows how to do presentation, especially the opening.

I need to get the whole "throw the pokeball" down still. Sometimes I'm right on target, while other times I'm somehow lobbing the ball towards the opposite side of the screen from the Pokemon. Also, Mr. Mime. Stay still you slippery, scary man. I just want you for my Pokedex, and if a Chansey was kind enough to let me catch it with a Pokeball, why can't you get the memo??? I didn't even comment on the fact about how the two of you I've seen were female, so your name doesn't quite fit, so be a sport, stop hopping around like a mad man and stay in the damn ball :ananger:

Im thirty hours in and I still dont have the motion controls down. I just think they're wonky in general.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Im thirty hours in and I still dont have the motion controls down. I just think they're wonky in general.

I looked around a bit online, and it seems that the motion controls work better undocked? I'll have to give it a try at a later point, but I'd rather play docked than handheld.

I looked around a bit online, and it seems that the motion controls work better undocked? I'll have to give it a try at a later point, but I'd rather play docked than handheld.

Undocked is way better, all you have to do is line the Pokemon up with the circle and press A, but i prefer docked if i have the choice. I always find it a shame to not play on a big TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom